The most beautiful woman in the world

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ah the lack of perspective.

Let's start with Hedy Lamarr and Marlene Dietrich.

Both very smart and quite commited. MD's cover of "Where have all the flowers gone" is very powerful for good reason.

Historically next we move up to Sophia Loren.

I'll let you guys look up those three's biographies to understand beauty really can be quite deep.

No argument with any of those, though see my first post in this thread. Scott Joplin posted a video by Anita O'Day (or Ough-day), now there was a smart, talented, beautiful, iconoclastic lady. For that matter Bjork is unique, talented, and beautiful. Watch some old movies with a young Lauren Bacall, I'll put her up against Hedy Lamarr for sheer sex appeal.

Hedy Lamarr patented the basis for spread spectrum communications.

Marlene Dietrich was approached by the Nazis and asked to endorse them. Instead she supported the Allies and was very unpopular in Germany particularly when she did USO tours.

Sophia Loren was an illegitimate child and mostly avoided a miserable childhood shielded by her mother.

Lots of pretty faces, but accomplishment speaks more strongly.

Anyone want to contribute more names to that list?

I thought about a few actress that attracted me enough when I watched movies. I found 3 that I could remember. Then I found similarities among them. The lips, especially when smiling. Then I googled "most beautiful actress" and I found the 3 among the list... So there is indeed universal criteria :)

Attachments

• mostbeautiful.png
    mostbeautiful.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 295
I thought about a few actress that attracted me enough when I watched movies. I found 3 that I could remember. Then I found similarities among them. The lips, especially when smiling. Then I googled "most beautiful actress" and I found the 3 among the list... So there is indeed universal criteria :)

Or simply a coincidence as the list you referenced is just something made up by a single member at the IMDB

Or simply a coincidence as the list you referenced is just something made up by a single member at the IMDB

Oh sheet! So it is not based on survey? And no order of preference? If 150 actress are mentioned no wonder they are listed there. But it is a coincident that the 3 are mentioned in big 8 :D Honestly I was shocked to see the 3 names are on the list because I didn't think that people taste can be so universal.

Based on the list, I am glad that we will never fight about girls. :D

This thread is about philoginie...how can it be considered anything else? :confused:

Guys, post pics of your preferred ones without makeup ;)

So me and mamselle watched "Marriage Italian Style" for the second time -- it's such an engaging movie -- Sophia Loren as a Neopolitan demi-monde who rises above her state. What a beautiful woman.

As a fan of movies >>50 years old, I would suggest that Norma Shearer was probably one of the most beautiful and realistically placed women to ever grace the silver screen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.