The most beautiful listening rooms in the world, show us yours..or someone else's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry Bas, but this room does not look like a listening room for me, at least not for pleasure. It looks a bit overdamped, more like a mastering studio (without the tools). Olthough the room is beautiful within itself, I doubt that I could listen for an extended period without getting claustrophobical feelings. This looks like a demo room of a highly sophisticated highend company, something which gives me a headache. I can almost hear the "hifi sound" in this room. Is it musically satisfying? Did you listen yourself?

Did you listen yourself?
No did you? It seems to me that you have more pre-conceived ideas about the sound of the room than I have. Because I have no idea about the sound of the room.

But I do know that this room was made specifically for listening and that he spent months of research. Apart from the the fact that audiophiles spend thousands on cables but little on the room. The reason I posted this picture is purely for visual enjoyment.

Did I say that? Of course not, but I have been in similar rooms. It is perfectly ok that you like that room, do not get me wrong, I just expressed my feelings (I also looked at the preposterous webpage). But do you use your loudspeakers in such overdamped rooms?

But I do know that this room was made specifically for listening and that he spent months of research
Correction. This room was designed by Rives Audio. Or more specifically Chris Huston, of 'Rives Audio' who was a musician, a recording engineer, a record producer, a studio designer, an acoustical engineer, an acoustical teacher, and a 2-channel room designer.

Because of all the complaints about how bad that room possibly sounds...I went looking for some more info

Here is a story on the room by positive feedback

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue16/lavigneroom.htm

An excerpt from that interview:

"A conductor friend (who is also an audiophile) brought over a few of his own recordings to listen to... now here is someone with a correct reference. After an hour or so and three or four of his recordings, he turned to me and said, “Yes, that is the way it was.""

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
lohk said:
Sorry Bas, but this room does not look like a listening room for me, at least not for pleasure. It looks a bit overdamped, more like a mastering studio (without the tools). Olthough the room is beautiful within itself, I doubt that I could listen for an extended period without getting claustrophobical feelings. This looks like a demo room of a highly sophisticated highend company, something which gives me a headache. I can almost hear the "hifi sound" in this room. Is it musically satisfying? Did you listen yourself?

I'm afraid I agree with your sentiments. Virtually no natural light, utterly bland to look at (apart from lumps of Hi-Fi) and only one chair. No, it doesn't look like a room designed for shared pleasure.

And that chair looks suspiciously like leather, in which case, there will be some nasty HF reflections off it directly back to the listener's ears. Leather chairs might look nice but they're not a good idea when sound is involved. Trust me on this.

No, it doesn't look like a room designed for shared pleasure.
That I agree with 100%. When I saw the solitary chair I thought to myself ...what an aural onanist...

But where did I ever say it was?

In fact whenever I visit someone with a dedicated audio room I think to myself. I'm glad that I can listen to my music with my loved ones roaming around me.

Nevertheless. The point of this thread it to show us what YOUR listening room looks like or point to OTHER ones you like.

I like the room I posted for it sheer purposefulness and dedication. There is a huge difference between the amps I like to see. Electronluv or Peter Daniel's to name a few. And the one's I build. Which resemble apple crates.

There is also a huge difference between the car I own and the car I'd like to have. And I'm sure that the car I would like, would make me a tosser to some. A boring fart to others.

So what I'd like is to see other rooms that might capture my imagination. Or that other posters may enjoy looking at.

I'll bet the black leather interconnects sound more exciting, but nastier than the tan leather ones
Actually I have not compared them yet:D I got the tan leather ones for my birthday. But the black leather ones have a signal cable of 75% gold 15% silver and 10% copper with silver bullet plugs. So I had to pay costprice ... and fortunately not the labour costs.

Now I only have one question for you! HOW DID YOU KNOW I had black leather ones and tan leather ones!!!!:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.