The loudness war....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fighting it is no use. What we need is a choice. For instance, a choice to download 24/96 wav or flac for $1.95 or the same track as mp3 for $ 0.39. That way, everybody wins and everybody has a chance to make a buck.
I do that now. I fill in some of the nostalgic holes in my collection on Amazon for cheap and anything I care about I get from HD Tracks, especially the 24/96 section.
Fortunately it seems a lot of what I like to listen to is fairly well done as far as the recordings go. Some of the recently released Grateful Dead recordings sound very nice to my old ears! It seems to me that most of the poorly done stuff is in the "popular" realm. At least I hope so.

Fighting it is no use
so, ven is un-burying all of them old threads , hehe... of course there is a use... one second, looking for quote:

We have rested long enough. Frost to fire and fire to frost. Iron will melt. But it will writhe inside of itself! All these years, all I've known is darkness. But I have never seen a brighter light than when my eyes just opened. And I know that light burns in all of you! Those embers must turn to flame. Iron into sword. I will become your weapon! Forged by the fierce fire that I know is in your hearts! For I have seen what she sees. I know what she knows. I can kill her. And I'd rather die today than live another day of this death! Who will ride with me? Who will be my brother?

(from Snow White & the Huntsman movie)

ok, this way...? look below, start today... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.