The "Captain and Tenille"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone who craps on C&T just need to watch this and tell me that they can do better at holding up lead vocals, piano and synth with poise and a smile.

I might not have admitted it to any of my friends at the time, but hey: Tall, good-looking gal, playing a Minimoog? Check, check, and check! And hell yes, those tunes were undeniably catchy.

-- Jim

P.S. Not for nuthin, but I remember watching that episode of Midnight Special the night it aired. (I'm old as hell.)

Last edited:
what can i say? I was a closet fan too.
:)
catchy lyrics and i always appreciated the talents of keyboardists of that time period - playing multiple devices simultaneously AND singing AND NO computer to help you out or hide a lack of talent!
and toni always really looked like she enjoyed performing.
and yeah, i liked david gates and bread, too.

mlloyd1

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
OK, yeah. Me too. :)

Really some of the best of 70's pop. And I had a crush on Toni.
The lyrics aren't much to write home about, but her singing was so good, so straight forward, no electronic or vocal gimmicks or affectations. Joy.

If we can turn this into yet again another nostalgic romp - another great voice and possibly crush material from the early mid 70s was Helen Reddy - mind you not quite the triple threat as were Toni or Karen

Ahh, the 70s, who wouldn't want weekly access to that hot tub time machine to relive them in controlled doses?;)

Does the "Rockola" take Euros anymore?

I can remember listening to that on one of those 400 mile road trips wifey and i used to take back in the 1970's

Mine takes the old large 10ps and 50ps.
But Rock-Olas and I guess other makes could be factory set for any currency.
Most common apart from US coinage was that for England, France, Belgium, Germany and Japan. But they would have pre-dated the Euro. But "coins are coins," so I guess it's possible to have a version of the coin mechanism that would accommodate them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.