The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Planning ahead!

So I'm missing the third Burning Amp meet ! I was very keen on making it there. However looking at the brighter side of things I think next year I should be able to make it as all the current hurdles should have resolved themselves by then.

Wish you guys have a great time and hope to see a pretty detailed report of the show.

Cheers,
Ashok.:wave2:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi Ashok,
I always apprecuate your enthusiasm for the show. I hope to make next year a big departure - something different... So it will be a great show to come to.

On the other hand there are some CRAZY GREAT surprises at this years show- I'd say it will be the best so far, which is hard to believe considering the first two!

Mark

please help

I have a Alpine MRP M500 and the amp light went out and it would not power up. I pulled it from the vehicle and hooked it directly up to the battery and it powered up. I hooked it up in another vehilce and again it refuses to power on. I know the wiring and the fuses are good. Any ideas? Thanks

I have a Alpine MRP M500 and the amp light went out and it would not power up. I pulled it from the vehicle and hooked it directly up to the battery and it powered up. I hooked it up in another vehilce and again it refuses to power on. I know the wiring and the fuses are good. Any ideas? Thanks

You're in the wrong forum/thread. Unless your amp is literally :flame:ing. Then it might be the right thread.

Ghastly reality...

I, as you may have gathered by now, haven't made it to BA 09.

We, as a family corporation, experienced a last minute (career-changing) layoff this week. Which, in all it's manifold joyousness, necessitated a quick unwinding of plans in order to turn travel and lodging into food and mortgage.

Bummer. However, I am looking forward to the pix and recountations of the event in all it's fabulosity. I will post pix of the gear I was bringing (sob...) and we'll go from there.

Sorry to miss you chaps.

Next Time.

Regards,
Tom

Well, I'll be the first to report. The 3rd annual BAF was a resounding success!

Mark Hidley's presentation on crossovers was very informative and convinced me to run my speakers either bi-amped or tri-amped from now on!

The high point of the day for me was hearing, albeit for too brief a time, Bernt's newest creation. His custom turntable and tube preamp were just starting to really shine when the amp being featured developed technical diffuculties.

Mark's announcement that next year's venue will feature multiple listening rooms was music to my ears!

It was great seeing so many nice people in one place. Hope to see you all again next year!

Yeppo - an excruciatingly simple depletion mode amp, built with whatever was lying about (though with Nelson, that can be quite a lot). "Non optimal" components were deliberately and gleefully selected. The results made some very nice noises come out of some Lowther full-range field-coil drivers. I got a chance to make some noises come out of them, too...

Yeppo - an excruciatingly simple depletion mode amp, built with whatever was lying about (though with Nelson, that can be quite a lot). "Non optimal" components were deliberately and gleefully selected. The results made some very nice noises come out of some Lowther full-range field-coil drivers. I got a chance to make some noises come out of them, too...

Heheh. Cool!

Was he using the Supertex devices do you know?

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.