The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
janneman said:
Just an idea: since RMAF is during the weekend before BAF, I would think that there should be a bunch of diyaudio members going to both. I'm flying over from Europe and I plan to attend both also.

What about a diyaudio party/gathering at RMAF, like the saturday evening? This is in a hotel so there's bound to be beer there ;) .

Anybody game? First round on me.

Jan Didden

I have been resisting this urge to go there since I am afraid that I will have too many things to do before the BA. I do not know how much longer I will be able to resist the urge to go?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
SY said:
I was just in Sausalito a few days ago; wow, the view of the Golden Gate still thrills me, even after ten years here.

Wish I could go to RMAF, but BAF2008 will not be slumming! Meeting some of the best speaker and electronics designers in the world will be a blast; I've met Nelson Pass, John Curl, Scott Wurcer, and Jack Hidley, and each time, it's been a real learning experience. With Siegfried Linkwitz joining the party, we've got the hat trick.

For the record, my priority is clearly BAF. That's diyaudio at the highest level. But, if any member would also go to RMAF, it would be daft to sip a beer two stools down and not knowing it from each other...

Jan Didden

Yellow,
It is D day minus 28! Almost there.

Here is the article about the amazing speaker that RAAL Requisite will be presenting at the Burning Amp. So far all that I heard about is just mind blowing. Bass portion is consisted of 5 15" drivers - that is 10 in 2 channels. housed in a bronze casting. :hot: :hot: :hot: There are two dedicated tube amps that are drivers just for the bass portion.
http://www.audiovoice-acoustics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1258#post1258

The story continues with 18 mid range drivers and 15 ribbons completely time aligned!

Here is the shot of that portion.

Attachments

• m 003.jpg
    m 003.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 390
AR2 said:
I already asked this before, but I will try one more time.
Last year, someone had an awesome tube amp with 6550 tubes. It sounded soooo good. Is there any chance that you guys remember who it was? In the first place it would be great if we will have a chance to hear it again, and also I would like to find out if there is schematics for that amp. It had the sweetest sound I ever heard from the amp.
Thank you

If you are thinking of the attached, it was Doug Tuthill's. Great sound plus beautiful execution!

Attachments

• 6550.jpg
    6550.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 362
Jack Hidley said:
Gordon and I will be showing a 4-way all active system with eight 12" woofers in the sub and eight 5.25" woofers, plus a 4" mid and 1" tweeter in each of the "satellites". Crossovers should be at 70Hz, 300Hz and 3kHz. It should be interesting sounding.

It seems like we are going to have to check out our insurance policy. That Yacht Club is an older wooden structure that is right on the water. It will be interesting to see how it is going to survive all the bass. Ha, I cannot wait.
:D :D :D

The latest from the press (literarily)

Have you ever think that your work will be published in the major audio publication?
Here is your chance:

This year Burning Amp goes big. We have three publications announced to cover our burning happening. Audio XPress, one that I cannot announce yet (I will leave that to Jan Didden), and Stereophile!

So dress nicely for the pictures, smile and polish your gear. Let's give a hell to Willsons, Karmas, Burmeisters, and other exotics. I could already see title ( put your name) Stereophile component of the year!

:clown:

Hi All

I am sure that there will be space for Nelson to park his truck and I am equally sure there will be lots of willing helpers to help him unload the truck.

I wish all that are attending to have a great time and please post plenty of pics for us overseas to enjoy.

Nelson, you are truly a decent guy and you deserve all the respect and honour you have received over the years.

By the way Nelson, nice ploy to get as many people there as possible with the promise of bringing a truckload of goodies. I hope all who receive due to Nelson's great generosity are truly grateful.

Have a great day one and all.

Cheers

Gary..

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Chris, it was great having you here! I rememeber our little tourist trip tp Silicon valley. Too bad I didn't know where Apple was.. In my defense, everything really does look pretty similar around there ;)

I also held back as I was pretty busy with announcing and organizing and stuff, and I too found even the leftovers were pretty worthwhile- except for the 20 pounds of 15amp fuses which no one wanted. Maybe I'll put them in a "Mystery Door Prize " :devilr:

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.