The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
AR2 said:

I would suggest for all you guys that feel comfortable contributing please post your ideas here. ...............

well , I already proved that I'm good in Off Topic topics :devilr: ;
so - when you all have workable sketch of the "book" , I can jump in and fill between chapters ........ with help of Off Topic Mob

now I'm thinkin....... mebbe we need Off Topic sub-board, but that's another issue ......... ("everything else" is too formal :clown: )

A small heads up for those of you who grabbed a hand full of the big aluminum "Nelson Knobs" at Burning Amp. Most will have noticed by now that they have no set screws. The knob takes an 8-32 set screw. California types can find these at Orchard Supply. The 1/4" size appears to be long ehough. I'm going to repackage my preamp, and the knobs will be a nice addition. The new case has enough room to fit the RIAA amp, the line amp, and the active crossover - It'll be nice to have them all in the same chassis.

Help with photos

Magura said:

Well, to us it was the solution to the problem of not being able to lock a WIKI page, and hence everybody and their dog edit what should really be left alone.....

But yes I sure agree a burning book sounds like a great idea, and I like your idea of adding video content as well. Fact is though, I need help with the photos.....

Magura :)

What kind of photo help? I can batch process jpgs down to a standard size, do levels and sharpening etc. and also provide a hosting area if that would be useful.

Regards,
tim

Sorry for not being clearer with my question.

The small 1 1/4" tweets, TW269A Malasaysia P108
I tried Google but came up with nothing.
I remember Nelson Pass saying to add a resistor to dampen it down but I don't remember what size. Still would like some more info. anyway.

Thanks
Ron

Re: Help with photos

timbarnes said:

What kind of photo help? I can batch process jpgs down to a standard size, do levels and sharpening etc. and also provide a hosting area if that would be useful.

Regards,
tim

Well, the problem with my photos in general, is situated roughly 20" from the camera :xeye: So I need somebody taking the pictures AND dealing with whatever came out of that :)

But I appreciate the offer.

EDIT:

Rumor has it, that AR2 is the one whom will take care of my lacking abilities with a camera, so I should be good.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi timbarnes,
Well, the problem with my photos in general, is situated roughly 20" from the camera So I need somebody taking the pictures AND dealing with whatever came out of that
He isn't kidding!
Magura has great skill with metal and wood, but photography is not a major strength for him. Still, you can help the shots I think.

Hey Magura,
Don't fret. I know someone who is much worse with a camera than you are. Your pictures aren't that bad either.

-Chris

Edit: I'm still looking. You didn't answer my question though! Do you prefer slot or hex? My preference is for hex, but I'll buy slot if you prefer.

anatech said:

Hey Magura,
Don't fret. I know someone who is much worse with a camera than you are. Your pictures aren't that bad either.

-Chris

Well, I've learned to simply just ask for help in that matter, so it was merely a statement of fact :)

EDIT:

And I find it hard to believe you know somebody who's worse with a camera than I am, cause if that would be true.....really, there would be no point in pushing the button:D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Magura,
And I find it hard to believe you know somebody who's worse with a camera than I am, cause if that would be true.....really, there would be no point in pushing the button
Than goodness for digital cameras. It used to be expensive and now we can look, laugh and delete. :D

I am really fine with either, as long as I get something to mount the knobs with.

Flexible...you see
And there is the rub. I'd be happy to be able to mount the knobs as well. My search continues ........

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Magura,

Than goodness for digital cameras. It used to be expensive and now we can look, laugh and delete. :D

And there is the rub. I'd be happy to be able to mount the knobs as well. My search continues ........

-Chris

Try here if you can't find locally.

http://www.boltdepot.com/product.aspx?cc=13&cs=88&cm=25&cd=1525

They have stainless also. I've used these guys before and they have nice product.

Chris

Re: Re: Help with photos

Magura said:
Well, the problem with my photos in general, is situated roughly 20" from the camera :xeye: So I need somebody taking the pictures AND dealing with whatever came out of that :)

But I appreciate the offer.

EDIT:

Rumor has it, that AR2 is the one whom will take care of my lacking abilities with a camera, so I should be good.

No problem - I can help with photos too if in the SF Bay Area.

tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.