The Burning Amp 2012-Schedules & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be bringing somewhere between 4-5 amps:

1) Sic Puppy (an endangered species as of Monday when Semisouth went "gurgle" down the drain).

2) L'Fake + L'Fake Lite - two, two, two amps in one...

3) Miz Piggy gets to ride with me again 'cause she came up from the basement and sounded really nice with my Planet 10/Mark Audio mini-speakers - I want her to have a chance at the Lowthers.

4) A modified Half Nelson, if I can get the one channel to stop thinking it's a differentiator.

I'll have my preamp with Creek-clone SRPP phono preamp combined with a line amp w/gain constructed around selected PN4391s.

I'll have a nice California Audio Labs CD player, and the Planet 10/Mark Audio Mini-Fonkens? At any rate, the nucleus of a nice little system to test small amps.

I want my chance at Nelson's field coil Lowthers, but also want a chance at Bill Berndt's setup, which is great for testing a system with demanding program material - last year, it was a good recording of Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition". There's nothing like a mass ensemble to test the resolving power of a reproduction chain.

I just finished boxing up my first non-solderless-breadboard prototype of a microcontroller based switchbox with remote control that conducts double-blind ABX testing among other things. (Single-blind if you think machines are intelligent.) It only switches single ended line level sources and there's no internal provision for level matching yet. I'll bring it for show and tell regardless, but there may be some specific uses for it. Any suggestions?.

My turntable weighs 700 lbs so it will be staying home.

- Eric

Volunter, speakers and amp

Marc,
Me and a friend would like to be volunteer.
We plan to bring a pair of speakers, plus 4 monoblock amp (GM70 + 6C33C), do you have room for these?
Please advise.

Attachments

• atacmon1.jpg
    atacmon1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 204
  • atacgm70.JPG
    atacgm70.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 213
  • atac6c33c.JPG
    atac6c33c.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 203
A complete system for 2012 BAF

Hi Mark,

I can bring in a complete system with Fostex FE103en and dual Goldwood 15" open baffle. A Netbook as source connect to Music Streamer II USB DAC. 12B4A grounded cathode pre. Simple SE for the Fostex and a Musical Fidelity A3 for the woofers duty. Also I can throw in a Marantz SA8260 cd player if you need one.

Sidney

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Lousymusician: Not a problem, we'll have plenty of amps. There's really no need for you to bring one.
I've organized the rooms around people who are bringing systems, BUT they are under the obligation of swapping other people's components into the systems during the day.

What we need are sources- especially vinyl: Turntables and phono preamps.

a couple more disc players might be nice in addition to the computer/DAC sources that are starting to predominate.

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
syyma system added to Volta Room in schedule

Hi Mark,
I can bring in a complete system with Fostex FE103en and dual Goldwood 15" open baffle. A Netbook as source connect to Music Streamer II USB DAC. 12B4A grounded cathode pre. Simple SE for the Fostex and a Musical Fidelity A3 for the woofers duty. Also I can throw in a Marantz SA8260 cd player if you need one.

Sidney

Last edited:

And running out fast, as of this morning! One I usually stay at was booked full minutes before I checked. Found one at the America's Best Inn, good deal, 3blks away, not many left. Bookings.com seems to be the hot ticket for room reservation....

Still some farther away, and in the $250-450 range :eek: I'd reccommend getting on it if you want something cheaper than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.