The Best TDA1541A differential out NOS DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks like you relased a TDA1545A board @ TDA1545A R2R Isolated nonoversampling NOS Audio DAC with FIFO reclock - DIYINHK

Can you clarify the output a bit. To me it looks like you are using an electrolytic capacitor in the signal path from the IV opamp to the output.

1mZcfQE.jpg

I guess this forms a high-pass filter with the resistor that is following it but why is that needed? Usually one does a low-pass filter to DACs to remove any high frequency noise.

Edit: If I read the datasheet correct it looks like this DAC has a hell of a DC offset in the output. So with 5V supply with 22k and 33k resistor divider the neutral signal is @ 3V and the output is swinging between 2V and 5V. So the electrolytic cap is used to remove DC offset, how does it affect the sound?

Last edited:
yes, you are right,
for me, the sound signature is similar but better than TDA1541A
the output cap can be bypass easily if the output is connected to amp with built in input dc servo, such as the d1x headphone amp.

Looks like you relased a TDA1545A board @ TDA1545A R2R Isolated nonoversampling NOS Audio DAC with FIFO reclock - DIYINHK

Can you clarify the output a bit. To me it looks like you are using an electrolytic capacitor in the signal path from the IV opamp to the output.

I guess this forms a high-pass filter with the resistor that is following it but why is that needed? Usually one does a low-pass filter to DACs to remove any high frequency noise.

Edit: If I read the datasheet correct it looks like this DAC has a hell of a DC offset in the output. So with 5V supply with 22k and 33k resistor divider the neutral signal is @ 3V and the output is swinging between 2V and 5V. So the electrolytic cap is used to remove DC offset, how does it affect the sound?

I am sorry for continuing posting in the wrong thread, but as I have already written some info about the TDA1545A, I just wanted to mention that after finishing the project ( connecting the Lout-Rout cables to the female RCA) and after hearing it for some hours, there's an annoying hiss with my setup.

I tried to find a solution by googling and I realized that many TDA based dacs suffer from hiss. I also contacted DIYINHK and he replied that this hiss is normal with this dac chip, so it's a good idea to keep it in mind if you are interested in this board.

You should open a specific thread, this is not the right place for this subject, with maybe more complete photographs to let the more experienced to help you. One of the whole cabinet to allow to see all the wires, one closer about the dac board....

There are no "hiss" problems in the TDAs dac chips I already tried : 1541;1541A;1540;1543;1545A (both dip & dil cases). Btw the way, what do you call "hiss" ? Etc... (deserve your own thread imho to have more help)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.