The 'best' performing clock?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Baka said:

I would like to build a dedicated unregulated PSU for my HagClock.
As I could understand it should consist of small trafo + diodes + smoothing capacitors.

Could you give me additional advise on this?

Anyone also, please...

Thanks,
Baka

Don't.
Use the raw digital supply of your player.
Replace LT1016 by AD8561 and the FET by J309.
:angel:
You have almost, but not entirely, a KWAK-CLOCK then.
:clown:

Guido Tent said:

Hi Fred,

Elso never carries out measurements, so it doesn't make sense to discuss technical issues with him.

I agree on your remarks, but do not understand your note on the ground problems, could you eleborate ?

best

I tried the newish LT (?) low noise SMD series. All need a largish ground plane to avoid 50 Hz pickup. Don,t know why. My setup is short point to point. Try that with the small SMDs!

Originally posted by Elso

Use the raw digital supply of your player.

Many thanks, Elso.

HagClock needs both positive and negative supply, from +/-8V to +/-15V and, regarding the raw digital supply, I have only +8V...

What is your advise for this situation, please? To build unregulated PSU or not ? :(

Rplace LT1016 by AD8561 and the FET by J309

I have installed AD8561 at the very beginning. :) At a later time I have aditionally soldered 20pF capacitors on the +- supply rails, as recomended by the manufacturer, and I could hear the further improvement.
Will try to replace JFET2N5486 with J309.

You have almost, but not entirely, a KWAK-CLOCK then.

Well, the only reason why I haven't implemented a KWAK-CLOCK was pcb.

Many thanks again, Elso

Baka

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.