The Arctic has become warmer by 5 degrees. Australia has snowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OMG is the sky falling?
Someone get a hold of ole Al Gore!
Quick!... hide the children!
Call the cops!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It will happen ( it is happening) slowly but inexorably. You can expect summers with 2-3 heatwaves as the norm. We’re seeing 40+ temperatures in Europe now (45 this year in France, and a few weeks later over 40 in a Paris, 41 in northern France and the highest ever recorded in the UK at 38. These temperatures will slowly creep up over the next 50 years or so. Once you get above 50 or 55 you cannot deal with it in high density population areas. The nightmare scenario is a 60 degree heatwave in a place like India, China or the continental US.

... You can expect summers with 2-3 heatwaves as the norm. We’re seeing 40+ temperatures in Europe now (45 this year in France, and a few weeks later over 40 in a Paris, 41 in northern France and the highest ever recorded in the UK at 38. ...

Not that hot - you'll get used to it ...

It's when you get really high humidity at the same time that it can wear on you.

It's probably 38 or 39 here. Later this evening I have a couple of hours of heavy outdoor labor planned. I'm sure I'll live, and have some more bug bites to show for it, maybe a bloody knuckle or two.

You guys should come to Vancouver. We have no comprehension of climate change. We can have a hot spell in May and then not get above 25º in July and August and we wouldn't bat an eyelash. It may go to 30º in early September and some call it an Indian Summer ie: shirts off after a frosty morning. It's all a bit confusing.

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ancient Roman era and medieval periods both had warmer temps, long before industrialization and automobiles.

You need to dig into the detail, not make pronouncements or regurgitate stuff that clearly you don’t have a clue about.

If you can explain to me how pumping 2.5 trillion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere and a global increase in temperatures is the same as a mainly localized temperature blip in NW Europe is one and the same I might take notice. I won’t be holding my breath.

Medieval Warm Period - Wikipedia

Last edited:
You guys should come to Vancouver. We have no comprehension of climate change. We can have a hot spell in May and then not get above 25º in July and August and we wouldn't bat an eyelash. It may go to 30º in early September and some call it an Indian Summer ie: shirts off after a frosty morning. It's all a bit confusing.

Confusing it certainly is. During my childhood in the '60s and 70's in southern England we were absolutely guaranteed snow to play in every winter, often for weeks at a time. I was born a year before The Big Freeze in 1962, and there's been nothing like it since.
Winters are now very hit-and-miss, with the odd cold and snowy spell (last in 2012) but generally with wet and warm winters above freezing. Random indeed, but undisputedly less cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.