The Arctic has become warmer by 5 degrees. Australia has snowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all comes down to the fact that soon you will not buy anything at the store without having scanned your face and fingerprints on your smartphone...

You originally asked about gardens and the article you linked is about raising livestock. Some municipalities ban chickens and bees others do not. It is pretty uncommon to see goats or pigs and it takes more area than most people have to raise cattle.

I live here and I can buy any food I want directly from a farmer with the exception of raw milk. If I didn’t have access to a car I could take a bus to any number of farmers markets and buy all I wanted directly from a farmer. In fact, there are more and more urban micro farmers selling vegetables and more community gardens in urban areas where people are encouraged to grow their own food. If the government is trying to control the population by restricting the food supply, they are doing a really horrible job of it.

I’m not sure what any of this has to do with biometric scanning.

In the United States, is it possible to grow tomatoes on a site near a house? I heard that it is forbidden.

It would be permitted unless it is forbidden. It is certainly possible that such an activity could be legally forbidden.

Among other means, it could be forbidden by:

1) restrictive municipal zoning laws, or incorrect interpretations of zoning laws by the governing authority;

2) private consensual agreements such as:

a) restrictive covenants running with land,
b) simple rental agreements forbidding things like gardens.

Land use in the United States is a very complex topic.

Or it could just be impractical. I'm at my second house for the weekend, ideal mountain lake climate and geography - anything planted here, the deer and fauna would consume. The deer are protected by law for some insane reason, so unless you want a big fence, no vegetable garden unless it is in planters on the deck ...

You originally asked about gardens and the article you linked is about raising livestock. Some municipalities ban chickens and bees others do not. It is pretty uncommon to see goats or pigs and it takes more area than most people have to raise cattle.

I live here and I can buy any food I want directly from a farmer with the exception of raw milk. If I didn’t have access to a car I could take a bus to any number of farmers markets and buy all I wanted directly from a farmer. In fact, there are more and more urban micro farmers selling vegetables and more community gardens in urban areas where people are encouraged to grow their own food. If the government is trying to control the population by restricting the food supply, they are doing a really horrible job of it.

I’m not sure what any of this has to do with biometric scanning.
It’s not just about animals and vegetables too. Personal Gardening and Farming Are Becoming Illegal - Guardian Liberty Voice
Home gardening has also received a negative reaction over the years. Iowa, Florida and Louisiana are among the states whose government believes that a green, well-kept lawn is much more attractive than growing vegetables or fruits. In Des Moines, Iowa, there have been occasional discussions about whether to allow gardening in the front yard. The problem is the aesthetic qualities of growing food compared to a green lawn. In Florida, a pair of gardeners in front of the house were ordered to take out their garden or face a fine. The struggle to grow food and raise animals is becoming a war, although progress seems to regress.

If you get a little rid of subtle moments and nuances, you will see that all this can be the connections of one global system. Why do I think so. Because I look at what is happening not only in the USA, but also in China and Russia, and the picture of the world is becoming more and more holistic. About China, I have already said that in some cities the streets are closed, and it is impossible to walk without a face scan and get to your home. The other day I read news about Russia. Which, of course, is offered under the pretext of the convenience of bank customers. But we must know that all roads, paved and leading to hell, were built exclusively for noble purposes.

Sberbank is preparing to launch payment in stores without the usual means - cash, cards, smartphones and smart watches. For the purchase there will be enough biometric data - a face or a fingerprint, but only at those points where there is suitable equipment

Sberbank is preparing to launch the technology of payment for purchases in stores with the help of a face or fingerprint. This follows from the updated terms of settlements between the largest state bank and retail outlets using bank cards, which entered into force on June 21, 2019. The changes were first noticed by Vedomosti.

Payment by biometric data will be available only where special devices are installed - biometric terminals. To access the technology, the bank’s customers will first have to register directly at the store that has such a terminal. It is assumed that the client must insert the card into the reader, come up with a password and scan a fingerprint. To identify by person, you must first scan it at a bank branch. Only one card can be attached to a biometric sample.

Сбербанк запустит оплату покупок по лицу и отпечатку пальца | Финансы и инвестиции | Forbes.ru

Last edited:
Naturally, this is due to the riot control system. I am outraged that feeding people with various insects is also under the plausible pretext of providing them with pure protein and vitamins. And even their very presentation, fried cockroaches and crickets are presented as beautiful food in a restaurant next to the most elite food. Although this is real garbage.

In Florida, a pair of gardeners in front of the house were ordered to take out their garden or face a fine.

The struggle to grow food and raise animals is becoming a war, although progress seems to regress.

I assume most readers here are able to see the a giant leap of false assumption between those two statements.

That situation is about keeping up appearances for property values- "curb appeal", nothing more. Bob knows, he lives there.

Lags and thermal thermal mass. CO2 has gone up - no doubt. Temperatures have gone up no doubt.
Global temperature did more than just gone up since late 19th century, it went down, went up, then hit a flat-ish line, then went up a little, then came down a little, kind of like not well tuned frequency response of someone's home audio. All the while CO2 increase has gone up steadily since late 19th century and it would sound shrilly if that's the frequency response of someone's home audio setup. The difference of the two "responses" is what I was referring to when I said "not in sync".
Solar activity: no - shown to be negligible over the the short term - only a very long term effect (c 10% increase in output every 1 billion years)
Solar activity has gone up and down like the temperature I mentioned above. When comparing the two, you will see some resemblance.

As for the thermal lag of CO2 affecting global temperature, how long does it take, days, weeks, months, years or centuries?

As I said, growing vegetables between the house and street is uncommon. It has more to do with a nostalgic view of the 1950s suburban environment than any imaginary conspiracy of global elites to deny people the right to produce their own food. The “riot control system” in the US is not capable of dealing with a large scale popular revolt.

You can buy these online.

upside-down-tomato.jpg

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Take a look here - this is a very well known infogrsphic that puts this whole thing into perspective.

This Stunning Graphic Shows Earth's Temperature Over 22,000 Years

I have another graphic I will put up (need to dig it out) later that shows CO2 levels over the last 4.5 billion years. During certain times it was as high as 6000 ppm (15x higher than it is now) but the suns output was between 20 and 30 % lower so in fact it actually helped to keep the planets temperature temperate. If CO2 levels got to 6000ppm now, we would have a much, much more serious problem to deal with.

Take a look here - this is a very well known infogrsphic that puts this whole thing into perspective.

This Stunning Graphic Shows Earth's Temperature Over 22,000 Years
You should take a (re)look at post #116 of this thread.

I have another graphic I will put up (need to dig it out) later that shows CO2 levels over the last 4.5 billion years. During certain times it was as high as 6000 ppm (15x higher than it is now) but the suns output was between 20 and 30 % lower so in fact it actually helped to keep the planets temperature temperate. If CO2 levels got to 6000ppm now, we would have a much, much more serious problem to deal with.
Do you mean 4.5 million? If you meant 4.5 billion with "b", it would be hard to trace the physical record that far back when the molten state of this planet and the plate tectonics swallowed up the evidence.

As I said, growing vegetables between the house and street is uncommon. It has more to do with a nostalgic view of the 1950s suburban environment than any imaginary conspiracy of global elites to deny people the right to produce their own food. The “riot control system” in the US is not capable of dealing with a large scale popular revolt.
In Russia, too, no one grows anything but flowers between the street and the house. But many since the days of the USSR, in addition to the main real estate in cities, have small country houses, some of them large, which are called summer houses.

They are usually surrounded by a small plot of land, especially for growing vegetables, berries and fruits. Today's trend is such that the government has begun raising taxes on land and these homes. Young people do not want to grow anything there, because these products are still easier to buy in the market or in the store. In general, I think that this area of ​​activity and leisure will gradually die out, as it will become more expensive than profitable and useful. And this trend must be recognized, in the end similar to yours. Then is it impossible to conclude that the actions of all governments on the planet are very similar or coordinated, and the result is similar? Namely, it is not profitable to grow products yourself, taxes are rising, and dependence on the government is also increasing.

In fact, they have enormous resources and already have many technologies, they can use everything to maintain power if something goes wrong in the world, for example, some kind of global catastrophe, such as the fall of an asteroid or the eruption of a very large volcano or sea ​​level rise, etc. And imagine for a moment that every 25 years the US population will suddenly begin to double and the number of jobs will decrease?

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
You should take a (re)look at post #116 of this thread.

Do you mean 4.5 million? If you meant 4.5 billion with "b", it would be hard to trace the physical record that far back when the molten state of this planet and the plate tectonics swallowed up the evidence.
No. 4.5 billion years.

Science can do amazing things.

Re the ‘climate cartoon’ it’s exactly what I’d expect from deniers when faced with data - not matter how it’s depicted.

You still have not shown me how 2.5 trillion tons of CO2 and the increase in global temperature are not related.

Here’s the graphic I mentioned earlier - apologies it goes back 600 million years not 4.5 billion.

Attachments

• F6DFC783-8276-4EBD-80FF-45D4FCE50EE2.jpeg
    F6DFC783-8276-4EBD-80FF-45D4FCE50EE2.jpeg
    749.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Science can do amazing things.
As well as bad things, WMD.
Re the ‘climate cartoon’ it’s exactly what I’d expect from deniers when faced with data - not matter how it’s depicted.
It's because how it is depicted for agenda sake. Here is a better depiction of it.
You still have not shown me how 2.5 trillion tons of CO2 and the increase in global temperature are not related.
I already explained how those two are not in sync on my previous post whereas the solar activity and global temp fluctuations are.

Temperature forcing components and carbon dioxide levels (2 nd graphic)
Get a straight edge (ruler or piece of paper) and put it vertically on this graph of Vostok ice core data of last 450,000 years. You will see the temperature leading the increase & decrease of CO2.

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
As well as bad things, WMD.

It's because how it is depicted for agenda sake. Here is a better depiction of it.

I already explained how those two are not in sync on my previous post whereas the solar activity and global temp fluctuations are.

Get a straight edge (ruler or piece of paper) and put it vertically on this graph of Vostok ice core data of last 450,000 years. You will see the temperature leading the increase & decrease of CO2.

Nonsense on almost all counts.

If CO2 leads in almost all cases of global warming (your point, not mine) how come that’s not the case now? We’ve seen a spike in global temperatures AND a closely associated and very dramatic increase in CO2 over the last 130 years, but very specifically over the last 60.

The point about the graphics (‘cartooons’ in your parlance) showing the temperature over the last 20 0000 years is that for the last 10 000 odd years the earths temperature has been remarkably stable to within a degree or two but has suddenly experienced temperature changes in excess of those over the last 10 k years whilst we’ve seen atmospheric CO2 go from 280 ppm to over 400 ppm. Coincidence? Most climate scientists say no. Most deniers say ‘keep on polluting’.

On the Vostok ice cores you are again wrong. The uptake of CO2 at a top level ie with large time scales cannot be shown to be leading temperature increases. Further, you have to remember there is a lag to CO2 uptake in ice cores so it cannot be assumed that CO2 lagged temperature increases.

Re the solar ‘fluctuations’. The Sun’s output over a 100k year time frame is remarkably stable and the energy we receive per square meter does not change. Over a 100 million year time frame, it is increasing at a rate of 1%. Changes in the Sun’s output triggering climate catastrophe have been shown to be exactly what they are: bunk. Separately, go on line and read up on the energy output of white dwarf stars like our sun. A key characteristic is their remarkable stability giving any planets in the Goldilocks region like the Earth is, plenty of time to adapt. We know the output from our star has increased c. 30% over the last 3 billion years but life (‘gaia’) has been able to adapt be because the change has been very slow. Not so pumping 2.5 trillion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in 120 years.

Finally, if you want to get a feel for just how precarious this whole thing is, take an orange and tightly wrap some cling film over it. That cling film represents the atmospheric part that supports life. There’s actually not much of it and that it has supported life for 2.5 billion years is quite remarkable.

But, sadly, I doubt I will convince you and you will continue to regurgitate cargo-cult anti climate science stuff.

As gpauk has correctly pointed out ‘troll-de-troll’ although I might have said ‘trollis maximus’

Last edited:
Nonsense on almost all counts.

If CO2 leads in almost all cases of global warming (your point, not mine) how come that’s not the case now? We’ve seen a spike in global temperatures AND a closely associated and very dramatic increase in CO2 over the last 130 years, but very specifically over the last 60.
I said CO2 trails.
The point about the graphics (‘cartooons’ in your parlance) showing the temperature over the last 20 0000 years is that for the last 10 000 odd years the earths temperature has been remarkably stable to within a degree or two but has suddenly experienced temperature changes in excess of those over the last 10 k years whilst we’ve seen atmospheric CO2 go from 280 ppm to over 400 ppm. Coincidence? Most climate scientists say no. Most deniers say ‘keep on polluting’.

On the Vostok ice cores you are again wrong. The uptake of CO2 at a top level ie with large time scales cannot be shown to be leading temperature increases. Further, you have to remember there is a lag to CO2 uptake in ice cores so it cannot be assumed that CO2 lagged temperature increases.

Re the solar ‘fluctuations’. The Sun’s output over a 100k year time frame is remarkably stable and the energy we receive per square meter does not change. Over a 100 million year time frame, it is increasing at a rate of 1%. Changes in the Sun’s output triggering climate catastrophe have been shown to be exactly what they are: bunk. Separately, go on line and read up on the energy output of white dwarf stars like our sun. A key characteristic is their remarkable stability giving any planets in the Goldilocks region like the Earth is, plenty of time to adapt. We know the output from our star has increased c. 30% over the last 3 billion years but life (‘gaia’) has been able to adapt be because the change has been very slow. Not so pumping 2.5 trillion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in 120 years.

Finally, if you want to get a feel for just how precarious this whole thing is, take an orange and tightly wrap some cling film over it. That cling film represents the atmospheric part that supports life. There’s actually not much of it and that it has supported life for 2.5 billion years is quite remarkable.

But, sadly, I doubt I will convince you and you will continue to regurgitate cargo-cult anti climate science stuff.

As gpauk has correctly pointed out ‘troll-de-troll’ although I might have said ‘trollis maximus’
Before you pass it off as trolling, look up one more thing for your info sake, "Pacific Decadal Oscillation". You will see a closer resemblance of its fluctuation and the recorded global temperature fluctuation since late 19th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.