The Aleph-X

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
- first you need to be 158% sure that , even if you aren't able in this very moment , you'll work to be able to make them

only then you can proceed

with these changes I made in schematic , setting procedure is so simple , that 7-year old can do it and nothing is even remotely critical

however , assembly is still thing for either 77 yrs old , or 27-37 years old, but with very strong Zen :rofl:

if you're sure that you need 100W/8R , I told you what's the price - 350W of heat per channel

I already started on pcbs for smaller iteration - having "just" 20 mosfets per channel , not 40 as shown in my blog/thread , possible to squeeze in damn big case , as stereo amp

in any case , I can order pcbs if anyone want them , but they can't be cheap (single number quantity) nor I have intention to keep them cheap ..... knowing that anyone who buys them from me will chip hardly in my next year's time , rightfully demanding and expecting support from me

Last edited:
I can back up Zen-mod's comment. I started out with an 8 channel X600 amp and very soon found out that I would need to change the energy supply to my house in order to implement coccertly.
Furthermore how do I dissipate 4.8Kw of heat?
Still have the PCB's but will not embark on 8 channels ever.

- first you need to be 158% sure that , even if you aren't able in this very moment , you'll work to be able to make them

only then you can proceed

with these changes I made in schematic , setting procedure is so simple , that 7-year old can do it and nothing is even remotely critical

however , assembly is still thing for either 77 yrs old , or 27-37 years old, but with very strong Zen :rofl:

if you're sure that you need 100W/8R , I told you what's the price - 350W of heat per channel

I already started on pcbs for smaller iteration - having "just" 20 mosfets per channel , not 40 as shown in my blog/thread , possible to squeeze in damn big case , as stereo amp

in any case , I can order pcbs if anyone want them , but they can't be cheap (single number quantity) nor I have intention to keep them cheap ..... knowing that anyone who buys them from me will chip hardly in my next year's time , rightfully demanding and expecting support from me
are you working on a version of only 20 mosfet x channel? so less powerful in W but suitable for a stereo version in a single house? Interesting:D:D:D

There's a definite lack of commitment here:D

OK - that's funny because it's so true! :p I have fond memories of the inaugural run of our basement theater. Three big Aleph-X monobocks in the front of the room (I had planned on 5...), each pumping out 400w of heat. The theater room is 14 feet x 24 feet and we started the movie with the room at 62F and when the movie was over it was 84F. I had to move all of the electronics to the adjacent room and run wires through the wall.

It was a short while later that I needed to replace the 12g wire run to the circuit breaker with a 10g run to keep the wire temperature down.

Definitely a commitment! :D

I wonder what the temperature would be pumping out 4800W.....

Probably enough that I could keep the furnace off :)

Zenon: I'm not sure which sheet you are referring to about super symmetry. It is my understanding that the only models with super symmetry are those that feature an "X" in the name and schematic for the input stage.

Last edited:
Is this the spreadsheet you are looking for? It has a .zip file extension because this is what the forum software allows, but it's not an actual zip file. I just renamed the excel file.

To open the file, download it and rename it to AXE1-2.xls and it should open for you.

Attachments

• AXE-1-2 .zip
    68.5 KB · Views: 90
Joined 2000
Paid Member
16 Years gone...

Over 16 years ago the group buy for the Aleph-X boards went down. Just finished the amp today!

I sold the boards partially populated several years ago.
Blank boards that I put up for sale no one wanted them.
Being lazy, I contacted the buyer of the populated boards and bought them back recently. It was a good move.

After setting bias and offset for a few hours, playing through some drivers to hear music, pulled it off the bench to place in the main system. Results are impressive.

Thanks to everyone's inspiration to finally motivate me to build it, thanks to Eric for the reference material all available in one place. Grey, if you're out there, thanks for the education. To Mr Pass thanks for letting it happen in the first place.

How many amplifiers can you listen to and hear something new in the music? The answer is always, "One more".

Thanks,

Vince

Attachments

• AX_00.jpg
    AX_00.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 280
  • AX_01.jpg
    AX_01.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 289
  • AX_02.jpg
    AX_02.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 284