The 15 Song Album collection:

01 - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors - Editors
02 - Hospital Food - Eels
03 - The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum - Fun Boy Three
04 - Lady Godiva's Operation - The Velvet Underground (Anaesthetic wears off mid-op)
05 - Washington D.C. Hospital Center Blues - Skip James
06 - St. James Infirmary Blues - Louis Armstrong
07 - Hospital Food - David Gray
08 - Bad Sneakers - Steely Dan (NYer in a drug rehab clinic in LA)
09 - Я хочу быть с тобой (I want to be with you) - Nautilus Pompilius
10 - Take Me Down to the Hospital - The Replacements
11 - Asylum - Supertramp
12 - Boys Of Bedlam - Steeleye Span
13 - It Ain't Necessarily The St. James Infirmary - Frank Zappa
14 - Sister Morphine - Marianne Faithfull

01 - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors - Editors
02 - Hospital Food - Eels
03 - The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum - Fun Boy Three
04 - Lady Godiva's Operation - The Velvet Underground (Anaesthetic wears off mid-op)
05 - Washington D.C. Hospital Center Blues - Skip James
06 - St. James Infirmary Blues - Louis Armstrong
07 - Hospital Food - David Gray
08 - Bad Sneakers - Steely Dan (NYer in a drug rehab clinic in LA)
09 - Я хочу быть с тобой (I want to be with you) - Nautilus Pompilius
10 - Take Me Down to the Hospital - The Replacements
11 - Asylum - Supertramp
12 - Boys Of Bedlam - Steeleye Span
13 - It Ain't Necessarily The St. James Infirmary - Frank Zappa
14 - Sister Morphine - Marianne Faithfull
15 - Get Off Of My Cloud - The Meteors

Or am I still too early for my second?

01 - I Fought The Law (And I Won) - The Dead Kennedys (original Sonny Curtis - he lost)
02 - Time - Easy Star All - Stars ( Pink Floyd ) https://youtu.be/KJpHDpq8OpE
03 - Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Sexually Aroused Gas Mask - Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention (Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Faun - Claude Debussy)
04 - Pachelbel's Canon - Hiromi (An improvised and jazzed up version and one of my favorites)

01 - I Fought The Law (And I Won) - The Dead Kennedys (original Sonny Curtis - he lost)
03 - Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Sexually Aroused Gas Mask - Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention (Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Faun - Claude Debussy)
04 - Pachelbel's Canon - Hiromi (An improvised and jazzed up version and one of my favorites)
05 - Bouree - Jethro Tull (based on J.S. Bach's Bourree in E Minor)

06 - Mad World - Gary Jules & Michael Andrews ( Original by Tears for Fears )

I'll never think about that song in the same way again! :cool:

Not a very good example but all i could find on you tube ,they covered DSOTM twice .
First time in a standard reggae style then in a much harder dub version.
The studio albums are excellent ,i'm a big dub and Floyd fan ,although the purists are critical of anyone daring to do such a thing to a classic album ,personally i think it's refreshing .
Nothing will ever surpass the original though :)

07 - Denis - Blondie ( Original Denise by Randy And The Rainbows 1963 )

Last edited:
08 - Help - Deep Purple (a rather slowed-down rendition of the Beatles' original)

08 - Help - Deep Purple (a rather slowed-down rendition of the Beatles' original)
09 - Smells Like White Spirit - John Shuttleworth (DIY version of Nirvana song)

10 - Back In USSR - Baba Yaga (Originally from Beatles White album)

Not a very good example but all i could find on you tube ,they covered DSOTM twice .
First time in a standard reggae style then in a much harder dub version.
The studio albums are excellent ,i'm a big dub and Floyd fan ,although the purists are critical of anyone daring to do such a thing to a classic album ,personally i think it's refreshing .
Nothing will ever surpass the original though :)

I actually liked it in that style and my comment was intended to affirm this. I'd like to listen to some of the studio stuff, as I suspect they'd be a lot tighter in that context. I particularly liked the flute part in that performance.
DSOTM is probably my favourite album of all time, certainly my favourite rock album.

Dub and Reggae are an area I'd like to get into a bit more.

10 - Back In USSR - Baba Yaga (Originally from Beatles White album)
11 - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Devo (Rooling Stones)

I love how Devo got permission to record their cover. It was an obvious display of contempt for the overly bloated rock establishments that were prominent at the time, done by using one of their own sacrosanct songs to do it.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I didn't know deep Purple had covered "Help". My parents didn't have any beatles albums so I wasn't exposed to any beatles growing up.

The first version of Help that I heard was by John Farnham https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgmNi-0atb4 I didn't know it was a cover, so when I first heard the original Beatles version it was a bit of a shock because it was so upbeat in comparison. I was really surprised how different John Farnham's take on it was.

BTW, since when did it get so pedantic around here :D

Tony.