The 15 Song Album collection:

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Songwriter's Songs (Burt Bacharach. Joe South, King and Goffin, Lennon and McCartney, Kris Kristofferson, Jimmie Webb, Randy Newman, Robert Johnson, Leadbelly, Leiber and Stoller, Hank Williams, Smokey Robinson, Bob Dylan, Antonio Carlos Jobim, etc.)

01 - Hush - Deep Purple (Joe South)
02 - Wave - Olivia Ong (Jobim)
03 - Operator (That's Not The Way It Feels - Jim Croce (Jim Croce)

Hope he counts.

Songwriter's Songs (Burt Bacharach. Joe South, King and Goffin, Lennon and McCartney, Kris Kristofferson, Jimmie Webb, Randy Newman, Robert Johnson, Leadbelly, Leiber and Stoller, Hank Williams, Smokey Robinson, Bob Dylan, Antonio Carlos Jobim, etc.)

04 - Baltimore - Randy Newman

05 - Everybody's Talking - Harry Nilsson (Fred Neill, who had also recorded his song)

05 - Everybody's Talking - Harry Nilsson (Fred Neill, who had also recorded his song)
06 - Up The Junction - Squeeze

07 - Prairie Melancholy - Jennifer Warnes

08 - Battle of New Orleans - Jimmy Driftwood

09 - Сера (Sera/Sara) - Valerij Meladze (performing his composing brother's, Konstantine Meladze's, work)

Joined 2007
Paid Member

09 - Сера (Sera/Sara) - Valerij Meladze (performing his composing brother's, Konstantine Meladze's, work)
10 - I Feel Like Buddy Holly - Alvin Stardust (Mike Batt)

11 - That's When the Music Takes Me - Neil Sedaka

12 - Sweet Baby James - James Taylor

13 - Strings of a Bard - Estas Tonne (a beautiful instrumental... a great song for the realism of full range speakers!)

Joined 2004
Paid Member

13 - Strings of a Bard - Estas Tonne (a beautiful instrumental... a great song for the realism of full range speakers!)
14 - Christmas In Prison - John Prine

I just simplified it to songs written and performed by the same person or persons.

However, Leiber and Stoller don't seem to have performed the songs they wrote, so perhaps I have not understood either!
That's what I thought hence my entry, but now I'm totally confused. The original entry was written by a performing singer/songwriter (Joe South), but not recorded by him (to my knowledge) and the entry in this list was performed by Deep Purple.

I have such a huge collection of music, that I occasionally surprise myself. Ranges from Tamla to the Classics.

One I like particularly is Kate Bush Ariel, and it takes a confident artist to do a triple album:

IM000002.JPG

But we should lighten up:

14 - Christmas In Prison - John Prine
15 - Christmas is where you are - The Jive Aces and the The Three Belles

How much Fun was that? :D

Last edited: