Tham 15 - how to cut a 3 degree chamfer?

I am building 2 x Tham 15's I have ordered the Baltic Birch ply plus the cutting which will be ready the end of the week. The one cut they cant do is the 93 (or 3 degrees ) degree edge for the speaker panel. Can anyone advise on how I can cut an accurate 3 degree chamfer across this edge ?

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Untitled.png

I am building 2 x Tham 15's I have ordered the Baltic Birch ply plus the cutting which will be ready the end of the week. The one cut they cant do is the 93 (or 3 degrees ) degree edge for the speaker panel. Can anyone advise on how I can cut an accurate 3 degree chamfer across this edge ?
Havsie,

The supplementary angle of 93 degrees is 87 degrees, which is 3 degrees less than a 90 degree angle.
Supplementary Angles 93-87.png

An 87 degree angle can be cut with any adjustable angle saw.

Last edited:
tangent of 3 degrees is .05
that's run/rise of 1 in 20.
use a shim to prop up the appropriate end of the workpiece at the appropriate distance and make your cut
using a hand-held circular saw you can tape the shim to the tool platen instead.
but all these power tools should be angle adjustable anyway...

using the same math, 3 degrees across an 18mm edge is less than 1mm
if you use Loctite PL adhesive or equivalent gap filling glue - just fill the gap with the glue and use tape or tacks to hold it in place while it cures

IMHO if you aren't using PL to build plywood enclosures you are making it too hard on yourself!

Reactions: 1 user