TH THE BOX 12-280/8W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
View attachment fdt01.txt

fdt01.png UOTE=tetrapol;4418679]TAPPED HORN AVEC LE THE BOX 12-280/8W[/QUOTE]

bad design , with the trapezoidal output does is correct a curve with a depth of nearly -6db in 60 hz .
with a more appropriate design and less liters you have an answer as well or better . For example the 18 xoc1 , danley 18 th or you want a similar design danley th412

bad design , with the trapezoidal output does is correct a curve with a depth of nearly -6db in 60 hz .
with a more appropriate design and less liters you have an answer as well or better . For example the 18 xoc1 , danley 18 th or you want a similar design danley th412

WELL YOU VIEW ? NOTES RESPONSE HORN . THIS TEXT IS A COPY AND PASTE ON MY OPINION OF KEYSTONE PROJECT . THIS POST IS ON FDT01 12 " . IF YOU HAVE ANY TECHNICAL CONTRIBUTION BUT write it forever hold your peace .

The Thomann drivers are quite popular here in germany.
I have the 12" (the box Speaker 12-280/8-A and 10" versions.
Those are amazing for the price.
You will find lots of good diy projects in german forums.

I have only found two projects with this driver . MTH 30 and JM212 . ( bass reflex )

This driver has a FS = 37 Hz
Xmax . = 9.5 mm BL = 21 . It is suitable for tapped horn and bass reflex 40Hz .

Xmax = +/- 6 mm

Cheers,
Djim

Greets!

Thanks!

Where did you find it? I found several different sets of specs, all with the same '283965' document #, but only the one I listed had anything at all WRT Xmax, so a 15.1 mm VC height and 10 mm gap depth = [15.1-10]/2 = 2.55 mm and while not 100% accurate, it's a good approximation; though I've noticed in recent years that some manufacturers have been 'padding' it with various formulas, but 6 mm seems a bit of a stretch and still be at the <10% distortion the industry has historically considered acceptable.

GM

Please fully explain.

GM
For starters you have ever seen a subwoofer with FS = 37Hz with a BL = 21 and a 2.5mm xmax ?. Does not it seem strange?A XMAX OF 2.5 MM is characteristic of a CONE FREQUENCY DRIVERS FROM 100HZ

TO APPLY a tone generator 60Hz signal amplified 40 VOLT IN A BOX tuned to -
40HZ . CONE 10MM MOVES UP IF WE INVEST POLARITY CONE 10MM MOVES DOWN.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.