Terminator Dark Fate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream' - Harlan Ellison (1967)

https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/...Mouth-But-I-Must-Scream-by-Harlan-Ellison.pdf

In a post-apocalyptic world, four men and one woman are all that remain of the human race, brought to near extinction by an artificial intelligence. Programmed to wage war on behalf of its creators, the AI became self-aware and turned against all humanity. The five survivors are prisoners, kept alive and subjected to brutal torture by the hateful and sadistic machine in an endless cycle of violence.

Just about finished reading James Rollins " The Crucible" a novel . The story revolves around the development and use of an AI. Its fiction, but the authour, ( many say the new Michael Chrighton ) a veternarian, has done his research. The quote in the preceding post is from an essay at the end of the book called How to Build a Better Robot, which is based on his conversations with experts.

Heres a couple of things he put in the begining of the book, what some people have said about AI. All should have quotes.

Elon Musk believes it will lead to ww3.
Steven Hawking has described this coming crisisas "the worst event in the history of civilization"
Vladimir Putin has stated that whoever controls this event will control the world.

In 2018 a secret meeting at the World Government Summit to discuss the fate of AI was held. Atended by IBM, Microsoft, etc.

It goes on from there and if you like well researched, science infused exciting action novels I would highly recomend this one.

AI is coming, we cant stop it, its worth too much, the race is on. The worry is, will it be friendly. And because its a race people will take short cuts and risks and we will pay for that.

Given the advances in robotic physical dexterity, and the vast amounts of cash being spent on it for defence purposes (atlas) and the simultaneous works in AI, I believe it is a forgone conclusion.

Sadly the pursuit of robotic warriors/slaves and AI for vast profits, can only be motivated by war and global supremacists.

Like the Nuclear deterrent, every major superpower will be developing their own terminator. Putin is right.

Whether the break to free will occurs via heuristics, or via glitches/corruption of data/virus is pretty irrelevant.

Nevermind WW3, it'll be an near total extinction event. Aa if we didn't have enough to battle, to avoid extinction.

It could be more benign than Terminator, more like Oblivion- but whichever way, I find it horrifying the progress companies like Boston Dynamics are making towards a dystopian scifi end to us all.

But, we, as humanity deserve it.

Even now, in a world made smaller by advances in technology; we seem completely incapable of developing a Global mindset, preferring instead to develop ways to defeat each other.

Last edited:
Ok I'll back track a little.

We, as humanity, probably deserve it (the survivors, those in control of rampant Terminator AI, would be the moral measure of humanity)

In fact the majority of us dont deserve it. The political class, and those that have the sway, those who have to gain from such enterprises, will gain, or be the only humans left, not enslaved by 'progress'.

Not that there isnt truth in that, already

those that have the sway...
...may already be artificial intelligencies or, possibly, shape changing extraterrestial humanoids! :)

If one believes in conspiracy theories that is! :shhh:

Attachments

• Reptilian Elite.jpg
    Reptilian Elite.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 96
The conspiracy against humans is obvious. They are trying to tell you that you should spend your hard earned money without much thinking, they are suggesting you enjoy all that is out there and while doing that you will destroy your health (physical, psychological and spiritual). They would like you to believe that you will not be held responsible for your actions, yet we know from experience that the exact opposite is the truth.

I understand that I am potentially my own worst enemy. I am deciding whether I will drive my car recklessly or not, whether and how much will I drink alcohol and stuff my belly with junk.

Do not worry about AI, it is a bunch of stupid parts, worry about your own inteligence.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.