Technics SE-A1000 Amplifier

Use flat top warm white LED from a strip, and a drop resistor as meter lights.
If the supply is 12V, there are cutting marks on strips, 3 LED then resistor. Cut and use.
A little dose of smooth abrasive paper will make the light a bit more diffused.
I bought this set: LED Lights Technics Amplifier to replace the current lights. one bulb broke, i will buy a new bulb and fix it. but won't use it.

Hello to all and greetings from Greece.

Technics A1000 M2 owner here.

Initial symptoms. Sometimes the amp was powering off suddenly.
Few times when the amp was in standby mode the red led gone- disapeared and restored after few seconds.
When i was pulling the power plug and plug it again sometimes the red led was back.

Now it is completely dead.

I replaced all the capacitors in the small square power board right next to the fan. Changed also fuses. I measured all the other components with a multimeter
and the small power brick.

I changed all the diodes with fresh 3A (the old ones were also good - tested with multimeter). No leaks in capacitors but someone mentioned here that the brown square caps must be changed also.

Please let me know if i missed something. Any help would be appreciated. Someone else here (locally i mean) said that the BC 3205 module might be dead.

I have two amps. Next step is to swap power supplies to see what is going on.

Hi again to all and happy new year.

Its been a while since my last post here and i'm back just to let you know that i swapped everything from the other A1000MK2 (which works perfectly) basically the power board and the power supplies. The small one and the big one. Everything was connected to the main PCB but again no luck. The amplifier does not give signs of life or power.

May i remind that visual inspection was done - no marks found around (discoloration)

Something else i might check ? I was thinking the IC's in the corner of the PCB.

Last edited: