TDA7294. . . help! ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm making a circuit board for the TDA7294. . . in barely over an inch of space. The question is about the mute and standby circuits and what is the minimum support necessary to operate them.

ST mentions that they are two, seperate cmos operated switches. Okay.

On the bridge application chart, the ground returns for these two switches, pins 1 and 4, are shown jumpered together. That's half a clue.

The mute and standby, pins 10 and 9, do function if they are jumpered together. Now, the support can be providing them power with a single 10k resistor--eliminating a huge mess.

Despite that being undocumented, the amplifier has been running this way for 38 hours so far. There are no clicks, pops, burps, or noises at power on or power off.

Here's the question:
The amplifier "seems" to sound slightly different that way, than if two seperate resistors are used to feed power to pins 10 and 9. I can't measure that. Does anyone have any news on it?
Thanks!!

It makes no difference. However, if you want to eliminate clicks and pops on startup/shutdown, you would ground the mute lead before turning amp on/off with the standby lead. You don't have to run them apart though. Connecting them together, and powering them at the same time is fine.

EWorkshop1708 said:
It makes no difference. However, if you want to eliminate clicks and pops on startup/shutdown, you would ground the mute lead before turning amp on/off with the standby lead. You don't have to run them apart though. Connecting them together, and powering them at the same time is fine.

It makes no difference? Oh, that's good news. So the slight audible difference that I observed between these two can be assumed to be an audible difference of the power circuit (removal of RC networks from the power circuit)--and not caused by the mute and standby switches themselves?

How do you like this circuit then?
Edit: its for double-sided PCB

Attachments

• tda7294.jpg
    tda7294.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 505
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.