TDA7293/94 aliexpress warning

Need a TDA7293 here in the states, my 100 watt BOSS KTANA guitar amp has a burnt one, the only one.
Pain in the A$$ to remove, and I only want to do it once. Pushed too hard.
When they are confirmed dead, best is to cut all pins near body, remove it, and then individually remove pin by pin.

Infinitely easier and safer.

Who has good boards for three 7293s in parallel?

Just curious what sub-ohm load do you need to drive?

When they are confirmed dead, best is to cut all pins near body, remove it, and then individually remove pin by pin.

Thanks.
Min 8 ohm. According to BOSS.

I SMELLS FRIED.

Attachments

• 20211210_170910.jpg
    20211210_170910.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 87
JMFahey asked:
Thanks.
Min 8 ohm. According to BOSS.

Ok.
Then you do NOT need to parallel them, even less 3 of them.

Just one is happy driving an 8 ohm load, 2 or 3 in parallel will not improve that a bit, and RMS/peak to peak voltage across the load will be exactly same as before, so no improvement ,even less considering the added complexity.

My question came because only way it would be justified would be driving an "difficult" 4 ohm load, which at times drops below 2.5 ohm , even reaching 2 ohm at some critical frequency.
Apparently not your case.

Please rememeber those other two big differences between 7293's and 7294's: 7294's can't be paralleled (pin 11 = n.c.) and supply voltage ratings are lower (±40 Vdc vs. ±50 Vdc).

Best regards!
Yes, thanks.
I have to order 10 to get from a reliable source. I would think (?), I could sell the rest here.(?)
Ok.
Then you do NOT need to parallel them, even less 3 of them.

Just one is happy driving an 8 ohm load, 2 or 3 in parallel will not improve that a bit, and RMS/peak to peak voltage across the load will be exactly same as before, so no improvement ,even less considering the added complexity.

My question came because only way it would be justified would be driving an "difficult" 4 ohm load, which at times drops below 2.5 ohm , even reaching 2 ohm at some critical frequency.
Apparently not your case.
Thanks for the input.
Yes the guitar amp will need only one.
I have to order minimum of 10. Very Reliable source. So I will have extras, NINE.
This is just my center channel I built. African Bubinga. I have several speakers I built.

Attachments

• 20211204_115505.jpg
    20211204_115505.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 67