TDA2050-Loss of details

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have added both the schematic and a photo of the board. I should admit that the schematic is not mine, I just found it on the net and changed it a bit (decoupling caps).
One thing I noticed is that the datasheet suggests a Zobel network of 2.2 ohms and 470nF, which is quite different from your version (factor of ten in terms of the time-constant). I'd stick to the datasheet values.

As the most obvious difference between your design and the DS schematics is the input LPF, and as OTOH a 1kOhm/220pF LPF has it's roll off at 723 kHz, I also suspect that either the resistor or the cap are of wrong value.
Best regards!

Dear Kay, Thank you so much for your suggestion. As others had suggested before, I tried to make a single block amp with my TDA2050 but this time exactly according to the datasheet. I have attached a photo. It sounds good! Really. It has more details now. Much better than before. However, before going to my final decision I should connect it to my Denon bookshelf speaker to make a better comparison with the previous one. Thanks a lot again.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 103
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.