tda1541 vs. PCM56

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank You Berhnard, I have a Sony CDP with PCM56s and will them, when I've got a spectrum analyzer /or a soundcard suitable for that/ Now I prefer far ahead the external AD1852 based DAC; both CDP abd DAC have low-jitter Clocks.
I also do not like the analog section of the CDP, but I'll make the adjustments first.
Btw, I've seen many old /and good/ players with PCM56, and I alone have sent some PCBs w. PCM56 to the basket :smash:

A 16bit signal is very much a sign. It is stepped, but those steps are just other high frequency sine waves. If you pass a square wave through a low pass filter you get a sine wave. A square wave is just a sine wave with steadily decreasing odd order harmonics. Because the steps in a sine wave are just a square wave summed onto the sine wave, the high frequency square wave can be filtered out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.