TDA1541 to replaced by TDA1541A ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It probably does but I do not know if the difference is large enough to justify the extra transformer ;)

Jean Paul Hi
I can tell you from my limited experience that the sonic benefits are audible from the first 10 seconds.
I don't own a scope ( nor would I know how to use one ) but if I'm allowed to make an observation here with what my ' ears ' told me then it is worth everyone having a go.

My understanding is that it takes the 7220 noise off the dc rails that feed everything else in the player - is that right ?

It just improves everything ( and I had not been drinking;) )
I also agree with you about the clock with it's own ps too - that worked.

Andrew

Just seen this!

Incredible! A clock definately makes a monumental difference to the 7220. As does clocking the A chip and DAC directly from the upgraded source clock. As for the math.
£50 player + £50 clock + £50 caps + £50 regs = £1000 player for sure!

Each to their own but I find it a little short sighted when figures get quoted. Dont forget that this DAC and B chip was (and still is AMR) used in some very expensive players!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.