• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale TD-124 Turntable (The original series not MKII)

Things you have for sale.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I am selling vinyl related hardware, first up is my old TD-124.

This is what I would refer to as an unrestored but heavily refurbished TD-124. Short of the chassis and motor everything else had to acquired to restore it to running order. Most components are original Thorens, there are some significant improvements.

*The slip platter brake needs pads and to be adjusted to be functional. It does not have the 45rpm integrated adaptor. *

20240310_204559.jpg

This table has its original E50 which I serviced more than a decade ago (and have lubricated periodically). Note that the eddy current brake is adjusted for 120V+ AC mains, and that reduced voltage (110V - 115V) will allow you to ease off on the eddy current brake which results in quieter running.

It has Hanze HI-Fi motor suspension springs, and the an Audio-Silente idler.

1710120693347.png

It has the more desirable Thorens OEM cast iron platter. It is equipped with a Gem Dandy Cork & rubber mat.

Short mp4 files of it running are attached.

20240310_204545.jpg

The wiring to the switch and neon lamp has been replaced.

20240310_194512.jpg

It comes with a plywood plinth mass loaded with roughly 10lbs of lead shot capped off with epoxy. It also comes with multiple arm boards including 2 that are suitable for use with Jelco 12 inch arms like the 750, 850, and 950...

The TD-124 is PICK UP ONLY, and I will accept cash, PayPal Friends & Family, bank transfer, and certified checks in the amount of $850. I am located just a couple of miles south of Boston, MA. I will NOT ship this item. The price isn't negotiable and I am not interested in trades as I am trying to reduce my collection of misfit toys. :D

Attachments

• Neon.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
  • Running.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The turntable is still available. I really thought I priced it aggressively in order to get it out of here. It is a runner, and a good one. Just needs an arm and a new home. Comes with plinth and a selection of arm boards. It's not the prettiest 124 you will see and the brake was not one of the items I addressed. It was replaced by a Scheu Premier II with Schroder arm, otherwise it would still be in use.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi Kevin

I think we should talk. I am in New Hartford, CT and am looking for something like this that I could set up fairly easily.

My daughter happens to be going to Woburn, MA this weekend for a dance competition.

I will PM my info.

The turntable is still available. I really thought I priced it aggressively in order to get it out of here. It is a runner, and a good one. Just needs an arm and a new home. Comes with plinth and a selection of arm boards. It's not the prettiest 124 you will see and the brake was not one of the items I addressed. It was replaced by a Scheu Premier II with Schroder arm, otherwise it would still be in use.
It IS price agressively. I looking frequently for idler wheel turntables since 2013 and this is one of the best deal I've seen. If my Kids were not so young I will already been on my way to grab it.

After reading the >150 pages of threads in the life of this table, it brings a small tear to my eye @kevinkr. But with over 15 tables in my current possession, i fully understand the need for space or things to be gone. My three td-124s (2 original and 1 mk2), three 125s, two 126s, one 160, one 146 (in progress) and the new 320 mk2 would all love to have another family member, sadly, there is no more room at the inn.

This journey of find/restore is so fulfilling, until it comes to its logical end - congrats for finding the off ramp 🎉

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.