Tapatalk problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Is there a DIYAudio app in the works maybe? :) I'm not missing Tapatalk now that it's been broken for a while anyways.

We actually have a mobile skin ready to go for the site, and I will be implementing it ASAP. It's a stop gap measure before we upgrade the forum in a few months to a whole new platform, which will be responsive (mobile friendly) by design. Neither of these two changes have anything to do with Taptalk being broken right now but I expect the responsive design to work better than Tapatalk.

I'm personally not a fan of the direction Tapatalk is taking, which appears to be trying to get more and more control over (new) users and separating them from the actual real users of the forum, and generally being noisy and prompting people to pay them even though I try to turn off those settings they seem to come back. I guess we'll see how things progress in the future but I hope the next generation of the forum will offer everything Tapatalk does and more, in a responsive design.

It would be nice to see a comment here from an admin who knows what is happening.

Looks like Tapatalk support may have broken with the recent upgrade of vBulletin last week. I am looking into this now. Sorry for the delay - I only just learned of the problem.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Working for me too, thanks Jason!

BTW, I'm not particularly fond of Tapatalk, but due to time limitations, I'm forced to do most of my forum reading on my phone (I.e. don't have as much time as I'd like to sit down at a desktop and read). Unfortunately, Tapatalk doesn't appear to have any real competition... unless the forum itself can be made natively mobile friendly. Sounds like that's the direction you're headed, so here's to hoping it goes well! The same functionality of Tapatalk, but without actually having to use Tapatalk, would be win-win IMO.

Thanks again!

The tapatalk problem is indeed fixed now. As for going to a different platform, I'm a bit ambivalent about it. I am a tapatalk user on many forums, and it's nice to have them all in one app without going to the browser. I am also an admin of a forum with tapatalk. Even though there had been a few lemon releases, in general my experience with tapatalk had been good.

Thank you Jason!
The tapatalk problem is indeed fixed now. As for going to a different platform, I'm a bit ambivalent about it. I am a tapatalk user on many forums, and it's nice to have them all in one app without going to the browser. I am also an admin of a forum with tapatalk. Even though there had been a few lemon releases, in general my experience with tapatalk had been good.
+1!

As a huge tapatalk user I have not been a fan of the direction they have taken either.

Tapatalk's biggest competition is ForumRunner, which supposedly behaves a lot like the older Tapatalk. I am not sure what is required to get ForumRunner but it might be an alternative.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.