TangBand W3-871S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of any projects that have used the 871 as a Mid/High driver, with a more powerful 6" woofer in the same box?

I just picked up something cheap (see the Audioyin thread) that looks as if it would make a decent sub, but I was wondering if it could sit in the same box as an 871.

That way, I could have one woofer per channel and a pretty decent all-around sound, without sacrificing more desk space.

Am I naive for considering this in such a small space? I still don't understand how cabinet design is influenced when you add multiple speakers...

Thanks,
Chris

The typical starting point for box size/tuning is based on the T/S specs of the low frequency driver. Your intended design would require a much larger box than the 3" driver for adequate bass response. For a space restricted application you may be better off with a sub-sat design. Did you ever determine the Vas?

Nuera update .Talk with new owner for 5hrs.

Little story for you all.
The new owners do not even know any of the DIY boards.
As they are not concerened with the DIY market as I was told from the owner.
By the way yes he did come to my place and was kind to spend 5hrs of his time here.
As you all know I have and had alot of interest in the TB line.
Anyway.
Nuera only has a few hundred 871 drivers left in stock and these people did not want the 3" speakers.( who wants a 3" speaker in there audio system) we want 5-6" kevlar drivers only.
So can we smell the end of the 871 in North America?
Well lets hope not!
After his arrival was funny to have some one try and sell me TB.
Like selling the Pope his robe!
Well then I showed him my shares papers from when I started Nuera with Billy Lau.His face hit the floor:eek:
Well then I got nailed with questions.Why did I lave why was the stock ran so low ect ect.
A lot I could not answer as I had got out of Nuera just before 7 months of business.We had the stock arrive but that was it.
Anyway back to the new owners.
Has no clue what the 3" drivers can do or do .Not sure what drivers to order off the web site.
What a waste of time.TB shows nothing on line.I personally have the catalog of over 300 drivers just in one catalog.And I am not alone to have this most companys who want drivers can get a catalog from TB easy.The new one is on CD.
This company is not sure what drivers to carry!
So after I took the new owner to my speaker room and showed him every TB driver on the market open to the DIY :eek: he got the point I think. I know a little about the TB line.
I made a few points to him I hope he takes.
With only a few of the 871 drivers left GET MORE IN!
With only a few W8-740C in stock GET MORE IN!
Other models we talked about but were they go that is up to them.So by the comments I go I think you will see the end of a few drivers Nuera sold.
Now PE you ask.
I have had a few talks with Darren and they (PE) can still not get the W3-871S.So if Nueras new owner does not want to get them in will or can PE that is up to Diana of TB.

Al

I certainly hope that if Neura doesn't continue to carry them, that PE will be allowed to pick them up. We all know the popularity of the 871s around here, and on the car audio boards I've watched a huge following develop for the 740. These are 2 very popular drivers, and it would be an utter shame to watch them disappear when PE could pick them up if Neura doesn't keep them.

Dave.
They will not sell them or the 319S1 or the W8.
Belive me we tried.
Asked for all of the above and will not sell them all to us.

:bawling:
Spires !!
Looking like PE kits may be up my design road next along with a tweeter not the 871.
Have the design already as you (Dave listened to at my DIY event using the T2 tweeter from GR.
Looking at the W3-881S with this.Samll Noe motor very light weight smaller cabinet .Say T line:hot:

Al
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Drive is that in the Alpha line array.
I have the responce but really a dead issue as the design never when ahead if you want I will email it to you.As well as the design a good starting point.

Re: Re: Neura

Timn8ter said:

I sent an e-mail purchase request to Nuera last night and was informed that my e-mail had been forwarded to the new owners. I e-mailed the new owners this morning but have not gotten a response.

I just spoke with David Barnes, the new owner. He is very nice and very helpfull. He expects that the new website will be launched around midnight tonight. The website is: http://acoustic-technologies.ca

He said he is taking an extended long weekend (Canadian style), but would be back on Tuesday to answer phone and email messages.

From what I understood from him, my take is that this will be a good thing for TangBand in North America. In the next six months, he plans to have a full interactive website complete with enclosure designs and even crossover components!

He said that there will be some minor increases in prices but that he will carry an expanded line. Prices for the 871 and 847 should be virtually unchanged.

I am holding off to see how this turns out. I think by Tuesday we should have a very good idea.

Cheers,
GM.

Timn8ter said:
Did you ask him about my order? :cannotbe:

No, sorry I did not as I was already off the phone when I saw your post.

I am looking forward to this change. He said that for the most part the old drivers will remain the same price. He also said that he will be posting several enclosure and crossover designs in the future.

It would be great if he could get a line of caps, inductors and resistors like he said he is pursuing.

Payment will still be via paypal.

Anyway, I am awaiting the new site.

Cheers,
GM.

Timn8ter said:
Check this thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33101
It's been modeled but nobody has built it yet. Will you be the first?
BTW, I've been told my order will ship Tuesday or Wednesday next week. :)

Thanks for the info. I have downloaded MJ Kings papers and his worksheets. Still got a lot of reading to do.

Oh I dunno if I will be the first. I have never been known to be the first at anything.

I am fond of the 28-847S and the W3-871s. Also, the W6-789s looks like a nice 6" woofer that would match up nice with the 28-847S.

I'm gonna sit tight for a bit and see how the buyout goes. I am looking forward to seeing some projects which use full Tang Band drivers.

Cheers,
GM.

http://acoustic-technologies.ca

gmilitano said:

Well, it seems the page never came online. Hopefully it will be functional soon.
GM.

For those of you who did not notice, the new website is now online: http://acoustic-technologies.ca

The page is very similar to old page, but all the links now work and there are some new in wall speaker products. I hope that they add more to the site.
GM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.