Tang Band W4-1320 Bookshelf MLTL Speaker build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Speaker looks like this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Fills cotton in front transmission line.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Fills cotton in rear transmission line.

BSC circuit. 400HZ -4db at left side. 400HZ -6db at right side. :eek:

BSC circuit glued here.

System SPL @ infinite baffle.

Port and Driver SPL curve @ infinite baffle

Inpedance @ infinite baffle

System Group Delay @ infinite baffle

System SPL curve when Driver @ 35 cm to rear wall, listen position @ 60c to driver,

400HZ -6dz BSC Circuit.

Cabinet design:3D2D

Hope you will like it.:)

yljhao

Nice work !

FYI I have folded my TABAQ into TABAQ BOX. The cabinet is 12 mm MDF except the sides which are 9 mm plywood and 3 mm black acryl.

This cabinet is with TB 3" but would do well with 4" - as I have done in my original TABAQ cabinets.

I am still amazed about the result using such a small 3" driver.

TABAQ BOX can be placed as you like it, as loong as the opening is not blocked.

wow-oh-wow!

I REALLY like this design. Have you done any more?

Thank you. I only build one pair of this.

Very Nice. Why did you go with different BSC on the two channels? Was it variation in the drivers, or was it because of a room placement issue?

I use same BSC value on speakers. The picture "BSC circuit. 400HZ -4db at left side. 400HZ -6db at right side." compared the inductor size of two BSC circuits.

Could you post the cabinet dimension? They look almost exactly like what I'm building. Very nice!

You can download the 3D sketch from google sketchup warehouse.
Link: 3D

Nice work !

FYI I have folded my TABAQ into TABAQ BOX. The cabinet is 12 mm MDF except the sides which are 9 mm plywood and 3 mm black acryl.

This cabinet is with TB 3" but would do well with 4" - as I have done in my original TABAQ cabinets.

I am still amazed about the result using such a small 3" driver.

TABAQ BOX can be placed as you like it, as loong as the opening is not blocked.

Thank you for share your cabinet design. It's interesting about place MLTL port on the top of cabinet. The bass will spread into entire room space. :D

Another benefit is that you can put the cabinet "upside down". This looks nices if you mount the caninet on the wall, put it on a stand og place it on your desk (keeping in mind that the opening is free).

By "turning" the cabinet, the position of the driver looks nicer.

And not to forget: My wife suggested that my two original TABAQ (now with TB 4") also got the black acryl finish = high WAF :)

Greetings from
Bjorn

The links for the 3d and 2d blueprints dont work :(

Thank you. I only build one pair of this.

I use same BSC value on speakers. The picture "BSC circuit. 400HZ -4db at left side. 400HZ -6db at right side." compared the inductor size of two BSC circuits.

You can download the 3D sketch from google sketchup warehouse.
Link: 3D

Thank you for share your cabinet design. It's interesting about place MLTL port on the top of cabinet. The bass will spread into entire room space. :D

Hi, the 3d sketch do not work anymore, i really like the design so i hope you would put the sketches up again. Thanks and keep up the good work'

Troels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.