• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TA8205AH - Inverting Input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone. I was wondering if it is possible to connect a chipamp such as the TA8205AH to the same PSU that is powering the source. Let's say you connect the amp to a PC's 12V rail and you connect the Inputs to the soundcard's output (R, L & GND) - then you'll actually be shorting the V- input to the ground, right? So is there a way to connect this chip on the same power source as the input? With what circuit can this be done or can someone explain me what can be done and what will be the best option because I'm stuck on this one. It should be possible because the use these chips in car radios and the car has only one battery to power both the radio and the amp (all-inside-one unit). Help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank You

Inverting Audio to Non-Inverting Audio

Ok, my thing isn't audio, but now I'm trying hard to learn. I normally build other stuf like EEPROM or SPI programmers that connect with the PC. Or I build smart SMPSes... Maybe I'm putting it wrong or something. In other words, is there a way to convert Inverting Audio outputs to Non-Inverting Audio and vice versa? Can an LM358 chip be used for audio at all? I believe it can convert an Inverting signal to Non-Inverting, but will it work for audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.