• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TA2022 IC's Available

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@TheDealer:

Tripath was bought by Cirrus Logic last year in march for three and a quarter million dollars (if I'm not mistaken about the date and the price). Till nowadays I couldn't find anything about the Tripath chips on the Cirrus homepage. Talking about homepages - Tripath.com is also dead. I guess it's going to die - what a pitty.
All Tripath chip you may find are just stock values. As soon as they're sold they're finally gone.
If you barely need a Tripath chip you might ask Jan at 41Hz.com. He's a great DIY seller for complete Tripath chip amp kits. I wonder what he's going to do in the near/far future?!?

However I'm still interested and I would like to have any sign of life from you HarryK. A new post, that you're still selling them, would be appriciated.

Corax said:
@TheDealer:

Tripath was bought by Cirrus Logic last year in march for three and a quarter million dollars (if I'm not mistaken about the date and the price). Till nowadays I couldn't find anything about the Tripath chips on the Cirrus homepage. Talking about homepages - Tripath.com is also dead. I guess it's going to die - what a pitty.
All Tripath chip you may find are just stock values. As soon as they're sold they're finally gone.
If you barely need a Tripath chip you might ask Jan at 41Hz.com. He's a great DIY seller for complete Tripath chip amp kits. I wonder what he's going to do in the near/far future?!?

However I'm still interested and I would like to have any sign of life from you HarryK. A new post, that you're still selling them, would be appriciated.

Hi u. Hallo Corax,
just read before about the present situation of Tripath. A gentle member gave me a link from this forum where a sprecial thread considering this concern was discussed here. And Yes, I also think that the big Establishment expected and played the market to see them failed. Thats Life ...
I know also 41hz - they are selling Tripath chips. But how many they have and are going to sell in wholesale I dont know. Maybe an inquiry helps.
My Opinion: The Tripath chips were smashed too early into the DIY Segment, where no big bussinness and prices to make.
You are from Sachsen ??

I am still under "Qualifying Time" and dont know how long it yet takes. So PM cannot done by me. If you can please PM me...

Corax said:
@TheDealer:

No, I'm from lower saxon, which would be "Niedersachsen". To be more precise from the region around Goettingen.

Oh sorry , of course. First I assumed Süd-Sachsen as Translation, but youre right, it was bad done. Süd-Sachsen should be called in english South of Sachsen. Goettingen should be 350 km to us. Region Aaachen - Cologne.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
It is too bad about Tripath - I was one of the Stockholders ("only" 4000 shares, and I dare not say what my cost basis was)

They had quite a bit of potential, but very much doubt they were driven under by "The Big Audio Establishment".

From what I have read, Dr. Tripathi was quite an electrical engineer, but a marginal businessman. I lay fault here more than any anticompetitive activity.

Cirrus Logic is much better run, businesswise, than Tripath and I expect to see quite a few offerings around the Tripath technology.

Maybe an all in one DAC/Volume control/Tripath amp solution??

But keep your eyes on Cirrus Logic boys and girls (yes, I am also a stock holder of Cirrus too - ticker CRUS.), as the game is not over by any stretch.

Sorry to here that john65b, you have my sampathy.

As you already said he's a good engineer but a terrible salesman and stockholders don't really have any (direct) influence on this.

I still believe that since Tripath has left the market there's some sort of hole for DIYers nobody else can (or will) fill.
The major point about it would be the fact that it never found any commercial use by known manufacturer of audio equipment. A production line would never survive just by serving DIYers with their low number of devices (to be economically ten thousends or even hundred thousends of chips need to be produced a year or even a month - a value Tripath was far away from, as far as I know about).
It's really pitty - but that's life.

Besides all, I couldn't find a tiny word on Cirrus Logics homepage about class-T, Tripath or something similar. Absolutely silence. I hope this will change (soon).
I still have a few projects from Jans 41Hz.com in stock (AMP2, AMP5, ...) that needs to be build and some just need to be 'housed'. But I hate to buy an expensive (19") case drill all the holes etc. and than the amp accidently turns up in smoke, I can't get hold of a new Tripath chip, and finally I can dump the whole thing - but that's life too, I must admit. :mad: :bawling: :mad: :bawling:

Joined 2005
Paid Member
There were actually quite a few major manufacturers utilizing Tripath chips - Bel Canto Evo series used Tripath before going to ICEPower, Carver (for what its worth), and a few others. It really wasn't just DIY.

Don't feel sorry for me...I knew exactly what I was getting into when I purchased those shares. It was a shot in the dark. I had high hope for the company and its technology and still do.

It just sounds nice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.