T-TQWT Double Fold Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks DD! I won't boost amplification until I build some horn mains and surrounds to keep up.

That's probably wise, I've got a couple of t-tqwt going right now with relatively small peerless 10s in them that are only being driven by an old Audio Source amp1 that's like 80 wpc. I've got the subwoofer output on my receiver set at -6 to get anything that resembles flat response when measured with a mic.

Doors rattle in their frames before I even get close to clipping.

I can imagine these t-tqwt with larger drivers like yours powered with a big macho amplifier would be a scary thing indeed. I think when I finally get to build the big ones I'm planning with the tc sounds drivers, I'll probably go with one of the big Crowns to power em.

On yours, did you use the car driver because you're planning on putting this beast in a car at some point, or will it live in your house? I'd imagine that would be pretty wild in the back of a van or something ;)

Doors rattle in their frames before I even get close to clipping.

It does all that at about 1/4 to 1/3 volume. I've only had the system to 25. I think the volume goes to 60 or 70.

I can imagine these t-tqwt with larger drivers like yours powered with a big macho amplifier would be a scary thing indeed. I think when I finally get to build the big ones I'm planning with the tc sounds drivers, I'll probably go with one of the big Crowns to power em.

What Pro amps have 20hz highpass? I always see 30hz.

On yours, did you use the car driver because you're planning on putting this beast in a car at some point, or will it live in your house? I'd imagine that would be pretty wild in the back of a van or something ;)

the Kicker came out the Ford Ranger I sold in October. The basket is too deep to put in my F150 SuperCrew. I made the T-TQWT for the house. If I would have built a single fold, then I would have placed it on the rear seat for a test ;). The box in my truck now is 54" wide with room to go 60+!

Guitar center regularly runs 12%-20% discount offers if you sign up for their e-mail list. I think you ship to the store and save some money too.
There's always Flea-Bay too.

I would call the NU3000 ~2000w RMS bridged into 4Ω...

Attachments

• gc.jpg
    gc.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.