'T'-bass drive for OB LF drivers.

I would like to try out T-bass at some point.

Does it work with a balanced amplifier or should one use unbalanced output stage? I'm currently using 5pcs 18" 8ohm woofers in series (40ohm nominal impedance) in U-frame linearray. Each woofer have around 0,6mH inductance. Is this feasible application for T-bass drive?

Tried T-bass circuit.

Omitted LP filter part; 80VA toroid with 2x30V secondary; choke's resistance was 1 ohm so no 1 ohm R in series with it was used; instead of 2x470uF in parallel 2200uFx63V electrolytics in series were used. So 5 parts for a channel in total, very simple. Amps used were Tri 300B SET for S-Hi/Hi/Mid and HK620 for bass with/without T-Bass.

Did A/B testing on OB bass baffle against no T-bass. Result - T-Bass wins both hands up without any hesitation as bass emphasis on OB went down form OB peak to most wanted region: at 20-30Hz (to be confirmed with measurements soon).

I was having some doubts afterwards about weak ond Ohmy 80VA transformer so I tried tried A/B comparison against 300VA 2x25V toroid having twice less Ohms. Surprisingly the latter sounded more towards no T-bass (more midbass), so I realised that higher secondaries voltage not lower resistance makes the most positive difference in the sound character. Perhaps lower resistance would add some more of sonic benefit, but the one I have out of 80VA transformer is quite large already.

Thanks!