Syncmaster 152N - Disassembly ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm am in dire need of some help. So i got my Syncmaster 152N in the mail today and i am already to make my DIY Projector but i have a problem:

There are no screws on this LCD monitor. I have no idea how to take it apart to get the TFT out onto my projector?

Any ideas would help

Thanks,

CHRIS

:). If this is stopping you from going on with the whole projector project you're in for a ride.

All LCDs are enclosed with small plastic tabs on the edges of the plastic frame. Try prying the plastic open using a thing flathead screwdriver. Be observant to hear a snap or see the monitor come loose in certain areas and be a lot tighter closed in others. This will help you figure out where all the tabs are. Most monitors have 2 to 4 tabs on each side of the plastic frame.

You can pry each open and insert a toothpick between the plastic to keep them from snapping back in.

Try to be careful no to damage the edges of the plastic too much with your flathead screwdiver. This is in case you want to resell it because of an ffc issue.

Are you sure this monitor doesnt have the ffc issue?

cbm5, the 150mp plus version is only one with the ffc issue. It isn't when the model was built, it is if the model has component video inputs it means it has that ffc issue. It took me a while to figure this out searching the net but its in this forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.