SX-Amp and NX-Amp

771-2N7002BK215 is what I used when I built my amplifier. They are in stock and fit the board perfectly. 2N7002PW is a smaller package and does not fit on the board as well as the 2N7002BK. I think the BOM may be wrong in specifying the small SC-70 package when a SOT-23 package seems to fit better.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
771-2N7002BK215 is what I used when I built my amplifier. They are in stock and fit the board perfectly. 2N7002PW is a smaller package and does not fit on the board as well as the 2N7002BK. I think the BOM may be wrong in specifying the small SC-70 package when a SOT-23 package seems to fit better.

I have just checked this and indeed the BOM says 2N7002PW. It is indeed the SOT23 version that should be used and not the SC-70 (that is a really tiny package). I will update the BOM.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have updated the first post in this thread with the latest nx Amplifier information http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/236522-sx-amp-nx-amp.html

The documentation and the PCB's have been updated to V2.0. The V2 PCB's incorporate all the changes to the silk screen layout and 1 or 2 other minor updates per feedback from builders.

New V2.0 PCB's are now available from Jim's audio. These are very high quality, DSTHP Glod flashed boards. A set consists of 2 amplifer boards and a PSU +Protect board. A set goes for around $26 excl. shipping.

Todate, about 54 stereo nx-Amplifiers have been built. Heres hoping to the next 50!