Switchable Hi-Z input impedance, how ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
OK, its already complicated enough

with the j310 being a tougher one, maybe a symmetric output buffer would be a better idea ?

but Im in doubt about all the resistors around the att pots

Attachments

• bass pre layout 220 boz.png
    bass pre layout 220 boz.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 68
1. What do you mean when you say: "with the j310 being a tougher one" ?

2. First you want all N ch. devices (and the buffer is a great place to do it) but now you want complementary pair, push-pull buffer ? It makes sense only if you want to drive the next stage which has 1k-3k of Zin...

shoot, forgot I think you said j310 cannot replace a sk170, directly

any ideas ?
Not directly - they belong to different construction groups.
If you want complementary buffer with J310 first you have to find a P ch. complement for it.
And if you want a single ended buffer with J310 (like B1) you'll have to put up with Zout of few hundreds Ohms or to use coupling cap.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
And if you want a single ended buffer with J310 (like B1) you'll have to put up with Zout of few hundreds Ohms or to use coupling cap.

ah, I see what mean
if no cap, there would need to be resistors to adjust the dc, and thus higher zout

could a j310 output buffer look something like in this ?

Attachments

• bass pre layout 220 boz.png
    bass pre layout 220 boz.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 53
could a j310 output buffer look something like in this ?
Yes it could, but since you have a lot of BC547 you can use them as CCS (see attached sch.). If you plan to use SMD J310 don't go over +/-12V PS voltage and to lower the Pd you can change R4 from 68R to 100R. Expect Zout in range of 100 to 150R (R6 included).

Attachments

• J310buffer.jpg
    J310buffer.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 52
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
hey, thats the one, I like it, simple and very cool looking buffer
thanks juma

any alternatives to the j310 ?
(and not to forget, I still have 2sk170)

and btw, also have some 2sj313/2sk2013
but again, different stuff, I know

oh, and it appears all my BC547B, are...B types, Motorola(736ZF)

... any alternatives to the j310 ?
(and not to forget, I still have 2sk170)...
BF245C can be used - it's cheap and abundant, but with it you can expect a bit higher Zout (200 - 250R).
You better save k170 for hi-fi projects but if you insist to use them this way, set the current through BC547 CCS to about 80-90% of Idss (by means of R4 - higher resistance => less current)

...oh, and it appears all my BC547B, are...B types, Motorola(736ZF)
It doesn't change anything important here...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.