Switch- too much $$$ ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi All,

I need a 2-23 position 4 pole 4 deck switch for my Zen Balanced Line Stage. I found 690-D9G0423N at http://www.mouser.com for $94.00. :xeye:

Is this too much? Are there better deals somewhere else?

I plan on using Vishay/Dale resistors.

If you know of a better deal for a switch or a 4 deck, 10k attenuator kit, please let me know. Used is ok, but should be clean.

vdinenna@covad.net

Thanks,

Vince

I have one of those switches (most of the resistors mounted, too, just got distracted with other projects). Just a heads up -- that thing is *******' HUGE.. Yes, it's a good deal compared to other stepped attenuators, as long as you don't want to make a small amp/integrated with it.

Trust me, when you see it, you'll know what I mean :D

The resistors for it will run you ~12-15 from mouser (I used Dale RN-65's, didn't measure, and wished I used the RN-60's instead.. ugh). Another option might be the Phoenix resistors from Digikey.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I didn't look at the dimensions of the switch.

"Mounts in standard 3/8 inch hole. Measures 3 1/4 inches (80 mm) long by 2 X 2 inches (52 X 52 mm) square."

My transformers are about that size.

Does there need to be some clearance for the resistors to hang off of the lugs?

Vince

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Yes, they mentioned they were out of the boards which go with the switch.

"Please note we are out of the little PC boards for mounting the resistors, you'll have to solder them directly to the switch lugs."

Can a stereo ladder attenuator be made for a balanced preamp with this switch? Would I need an 8 deck switch, right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.