Swapping Fostex 207e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sorry of this question has been asked before (though I searched quite a big and couldn't find an answer). Has anyone has experience with/know which drivers are interchangeable with Fostex F207E's (without requiring drilling or routing)? I'm specifically interested in AER MK1's but I'm not sure if it'll work. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

In what kind of enclosure? Are you only taking about what physically fits, without regard to the T/S parameters?

One easy (but probably useless) answer is that the FE206E uses the same frame + hole pattern. You can get a diagram of the frame / hole pattern from Fostex and then you'll see the nominal size of the driver written in millimeters on the diagram. Lowthers have a different spacing for the holes. I would be somewhat surprised if another good driver happens to have the exact size of the Fostex. Last time I tried, even the Fostex 8" Sigmas did not fit the hole pattern of the 206/207 because they have a round bezel compared to the square bezel.

(Off-topic but many of the 6" Fostex holes do line up with each other, e.g. FE166E, FE166ES-R, FE168E-Sigma. Alas, the FE138ES-R's are smaller, probably by 30 millimeters if we can judge by the model number -> nominal size mm convention.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.