sure electronics 2x100W blown??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey i bought this board a year or something ago, and today i was testing in in my new project when it stopped working.....
The led still lights up, there is no music or what so ever coming out of the output, and nothing seems blown on the board...
So any ideas at all :S '?
IMGDEAD]

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i really hope someone can help me :( i love this little board and it left a void in my home audio...
thank you so much for any help possible

Schematic of 2x100W sure electronics board

I am attaching the schematics of the amp board you are having trouble with, hope this helps. Have you already checked the power supply voltage? Under 10V, and over 30V the unit shuts down.

Attachments

• AA-AB32186V210-1.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 120
I have been reading the TC2000 documentation carefully and now I have another clue for you. The sure electronics amp has a resistor of 10kOhm labelled R20 in the mute path. The tripath doc says: " When the device is in mute, the pin must be “pulled low” via approximately 1kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TC2000 state (i.e. out of mute). When the device is not in mute, the mute pin must be “pulled high” via approximately 2kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TK2050 state (i.e. into mute). ", so the people designing the amp in Hongkong were again missing some english or math lessons, because 10 kOhm >> 1kOhm! This way, if the amp enters mute mode on this board, maybe it will never be able to leave this mode, unless the R20 is replaced by a resistor with 1kOhm value.

I have been reading the TC2000 documentation carefully and now I have another clue for you. The sure electronics amp has a resistor of 10kOhm labelled R20 in the mute path. The tripath doc says: " When the device is in mute, the pin must be “pulled low” via approximately 1kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TC2000 state (i.e. out of mute). When the device is not in mute, the mute pin must be “pulled high” via approximately 2kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TK2050 state (i.e. into mute). ", so the people designing the amp in Hongkong were again missing some english or math lessons, because 10 kOhm >> 1kOhm! This way, if the amp enters mute mode on this board, maybe it will never be able to leave this mode, unless the R20 is replaced by a resistor with 1kOhm value.

Thank you , i will take a look at that resistor ^^

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.