• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

I wonder if anyone can help me mount my NAS as a music server.
I've edited /etc/fstab thusly:

#windows share directory (cifs)
//192.168.2.100/Public/Music /data/remote cifs user=admin,pass=allders2161,cache=none,gid=audio

# networked file system (nfs)
192.168.2.100:public/Music /data/remote nfs soft
When I refresh the database in ympd it times out, Do I need to enter anything in the ympd settings?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I wonder if anyone can help me mount my NAS as a music server.
I've edited /etc/fstab thusly:

When I refresh the database in ympd it times out, Do I need to enter anything in the ympd settings?

Don't know if this will help, but. I entered this using Putty/SSH ....

mount.cifs //Msi-pc/M /data/remote -o username=joe,password=j03

...the files are on a PC running Win7, Msi-pc is the Computers name in Win7 and M is a partition setup with shares. The mount command links the PC partition to /data/remote, after the mount when I do a la -la on it the remote directories show up and when I start an MPD/window on the PC I can see it in the browse data base and can do and update data base. Hope this helps.

I gave up trying to do it in /etc/fstab, for now anyway.

I also found this in my searches ....

===========================================================================

mount error 13 = Permission Denied (your mistake in the mounting Statement)
Solution

Most of people got this Permission Denied access when mounting a
Windows Shared folder

following mounting ->

usually : mount -t cifs //<MachineName>/<Shared Folder> /mnt/Shared -o username=<username>,password=<password>
give you error 13.

correct : mount -t cifs //<MachineName>/<SharedFolder> /mnt/Shared -o username=<DomainName>/<username>,password=<password>

Yes! the only deference is "domain name:<DomainName>" is missing. In case of No Domain try to put your <MachineName> there.
cifs does not locate domain itself (I guess).

Last edited:
Hi miero.

I did a clean install of Botic V4, flashed it to eMMC and then performed the V5 upgrade. After reboot I'm seeing 'Linux botic 4.0.0-botic5 #1 PREEMPT...'

However, /boot/uboot/uEnv.txt doesn't exist. Did I miss something or make a mistake?

Everything seems to be working.

Thanks

Ray

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well, I tried to flash eMMC with v4 using

root@bbb:~# /opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/beaglebone-black-make-microSD-flasher-from-eMMC.sh

many lines scrolled on the screen(SSH) powered off and disconnected power cord. Restarted/booted and it's still at v.3.16.1 ?

Tried just booting from SD card, doesn't show v.4 running but v.3?