Supertweeter for DTQWTII, yes or not ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you think of this supertweeter?
Do you consider it a clearly noticeable improvement above the Audax TW034 with waveguide?
The report of the DTWTII builder says yes, but I don't know if he is a young person ...... gg, do you understand ? ;)
On the other hand, I remember reading an article by Tannoy (when he launched the supertweeter for his classic line of coaxial speakers) where they showed (with measurements) that harmonic frequencies above 20 Khz favorably changed the tone of the frequencies that yes we can hear the common of mortals ......

DTQWT-super-tweeter

Attachments

• dtqwt-super-tweeter-1.jpg
    dtqwt-super-tweeter-1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 207

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
We all value different things in music reproduction. A proper super tweet may add more air, space and maybe even dynamics, but how much it will depend on a particular speaker and implementation and of course how much you care for that :). Yes RT850 would be a much better in reproducing the top end. So would many 3/4 inch (19mm) dome tweeters.

Oh and I have GTR145 so I do not need a review :). It is a great tweeter if you like ribbons and it is more of a stand alone tweeter.

Check this out:
Viawave RT850 | HiFiCompass
Viawave SRT-7 | HiFiCompass

HiFiCompass is the best thing happened to our speaker DIY community.

Last edited:
.................... On the other hand, I remember reading an article by Tannoy (when he launched the supertweeter for his classic line of coaxial speakers) where they showed (with measurements) that harmonic frequencies above 20 Khz favorably changed the tone of the frequencies that yes we can hear the common of mortals ......

I found the article and added another very interesting link, with measurements

https://www.hilberink.nl/tannoy/tsupertweeter.pdf

Archimago's Musings: MUSINGS: Do we "need" those >20kHz ultrasonic frequencies for high-fidelity audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.