Supertest on youtube

They all sound equally crappy?

But maybe that has to do with my laptop/phone? :D :D

I am sorry, but I am struggling to understand how a recording of speakers with a certain microphone without much room information, going through compression of youtube en getting out of some totally different speakers or headphones with a totally different response in a totally different room and environment, is gonna be even a mediocre representation of how something will perform?

Which by itself ignores the fact that speakers need filters and crossovers to make to work well.

So, this is plugging all the drivers in the same enclosure, and running without any circuit?
Hmmm... any driver can be configured to be similar in reproduction, unless there is a serious flaw in the design or production.

Given that I've never heard a wide range driver that I liked out of the box, it's a little of a moot point. I would never just wire a driver in a box and say, "I'm done!" Some have no bass, some have shouty mids, some have rising response, and some have major breakup. While there's not much one can do with break up due to bad design, the other aspects of the driver can be handled and made to sound as we want it to sound.

With a notch or two, EQ, DSP, etc... one can make almost any driver follow our preferred sound signature.

After use of DSP and linear frequency response and with full ranges "automatically" linear phase behavior you still have differences in sound due to the

• loudspeaker cone. and
  • loudspeaker motor

Which you can judge now for the first time with a fair listening test