Supercharging a mass-market reciever..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's hapiness!

Congratulations... very good work....nothing is so good that we cannot make it better for ourselves.

Now this equipment has your soul on it.

I love pictures, inside pictures of sound equipments....your photos are great and are inside my colection.

Regards and go ahead with some other unit..... that time you spend is time having hapiness.

Destroyer X...... Carlos

Have another laugh and read the power consumption spec. I just bought a low end sony (lower case intended) that is supposed to be 5 x 100 Watts per chennel, but the back says power consumtion of 280 watts. It must use one of those new cold fusion inversion power multipliers. What happened to the FTC's regulations on advertizing?

I wonder if they were listing the idle draw of the system, seems hard to believe that they could get away with such simple math.

I have of lately looked at some auto inverters and wonder how they hope to get 300w continuous and 600w peak from 13.8v with a 20A fuse. There should be better standards in place for this, pull one over on the guy who just doesn't know, this is wrong.

Ohwell,

Destroyer told you!

If you find a flat audio point with low level audio inside your unit... and if you construct the awfull amplifier i am sending to you.... you will became sad related to high technologies, speaker, surrounds and all "gimmick" you find now a days.

More circuits more distortion....more stages more mass in waveform...... putting your headphone voice coil in series with some transistor colector ( the worst you find!)..... a good headphone, those types that use microfone cartridges as speakers....normally the resistance is medium... around 500 hundred ohms.... a simple and no distorted audio stage...noise impossible to hear.....no coupling!..... cartridge is where the 10 miliamps travell.

Sorry!..... you will start to burn 100 dollars money....show your tongue to the girls.....forget to have a shower and maybe start to like Mr Bush that is finishing the love the world had for America!

Carlos

Attachments

• devil's amp.jpg
    devil's amp.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 201
Low rent sony's overstated power

I had a second look, It says 230 watts. And I know from the heat output that that is not at idle. It was part of one of those cheese theater in a box set witn 5 crappy speakers and a DVD player. I'm ashamed to own it and I assure you, I would have never paid money for it. I received a $1000 gift certificate to a crappy funiture store as a promotion for a new house, and had to blow it somehow. I wouldn't have any of their furniture and didn't want to add $1500 of mine for a plasma tv.
I'm sure the ratings are peak output of square wave for 1 MSec burst. Tranny is likly 230 VA. But the sound is to die from.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.