Super High End driver store?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone.

Just a quick question. I thought there used to be an uber-expensive driver store online. Maybe 5-8 years ago?

By this I mean more expensive than what Madisound carries. Less Scan Speak, more things like Raven tweeters and the like.

Did I make this up? If not, is it still around or did it disappear?

Best,

Erik

Hi Xrk,

Don't mean to offend at all. :) I like the people at Madisound and they get much of my speaker budget. :)

Please forgive me! What I meant was, the place I'm thinking about also carried rare brands. For instance, a couple of high-end US manufacturers, Raven tweeters etc.

It's not that I am looking for higher end. I'm just trying to remember what the store was because it was high end but had a different brand make-up than Madisound.

Best,

Erik

Solen has the slowest website and my interactions with their customer service people have been mediocre.

One advantage is they sell in Canadian Dollars, so can be a little cheaper.

Here's a place I discovered looking for parts on E-bay:

AudioHobby

20% off or more on ScanSpeak and Mundorf drivers, free shipping and no EU taxes.

If I had ordered my SNR parts from them I would have saved several hundred dollars. Damnit! :)

Best,

Erik

The Zalytron site is still operational.
On the other hand, the e-Speaker site has been down for weeks.

It is but I never got there since it seems like more of a funky e-bay shop of close-outs. I do sometimes think of picking up the last good new pair of Focal tweeters on earth they seem to keep in stock, but I'm so past that now. Oh yeah, and I 've blown my speaker building budget for the next 8 years.

Erik

Hi Xrk,

Don't mean to offend at all. :) I like the people at Madisound and they get much of my speaker budget. :)

Please forgive me! What I meant was, the place I'm thinking about also carried rare brands. For instance, a couple of high-end US manufacturers, Raven tweeters etc.

It's not that I am looking for higher end. I'm just trying to remember what the store was because it was high end but had a different brand make-up than Madisound.

Best,

Erik

Could it be Meniscus Audio you were thinking of?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.