Sunvalley SV-EQ1616D build by Rock Ball

I noticed you did same as me with mounting the terminal blocks on the 3 printed circuit boards. On page 8 of assembling manual there are red U shaped marks indicating "connection". Even with the illustration on the left side of page I did not twig to the concept that the blocks interconnect like Lego blocks. Even though it doesn't affect the sound, I de-soldered the blocks and interconnected them. I do like the way you organized the wiring. After several weeks, what are your impressions wrt the sound?

I never noticed the Lego-like connection of the terminal blocks until you mentioned it. I looked closer at my photo and I see what you mean. The instructions were not clear about that. Unfortunately, the instructions are not on the same level as Elekit's.

My brother is using my SV-EQ1616D. He is into vinyl and I am more into digital. He preferred mine over his Sutherland 20/20 Phono Preamplifier, so we swapped. He loves the SV-EQ1616D.

Rock Ball, curious if your brother heard the little brothers to the 20/20? I had 2 of the battery options as well as the Insight and couldn’t tell the difference but heard the 20/20 was a big step up and if he prefers this SunValley over Sutherland then the 20/20 was not such a big step up or ...... the Sun Valley is a phono preamp killer :)

What tubes and rectifier is he using?

Thanks for your brother's first impressions, Rock Ball. After a few hours of listening I think the Sunvalley is better in every way to my Tavish Design Classic phono preamp. I wonder how it would compare to the Tavish Adagio which also received a favorable review from Stereophile.