• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

sunaudio 2A3 circuit...is it good for newbie?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi every bodies,
I am a newbie from HongKong and is starting to build a SE amplifier using the Sunaudio 2A3 SE circuit.

However, I noted few others reporting problems relating to this circuit including 1) some doubtful values of the resistor and capacitor used. 2) high gain/ sensitivity which caused the volume to b very sensitive...a slightly turn of the vol will take the 6SN7 out if its linear operating range..etc..

Since I am one of those who still not fully manage circuit design, I am now hesitate to go ahead for the plan, would like to get some confirmation from others who had built this circuit. And others who have knowledge in this of course.

1) is this circuit really with bug? And not working well if not making modification?

2) any tested modifications to be shared?

3) I was initially thinking to do a unit with switches to alter the filament voltage and cathode resistor in order to use both 2A3 & 300B ( since Sunaudio 2a3 circuit is exactly the same as its 300B circuit with minor difference)

4) lastly, anyone would be kind enough to recommend some nice 2A3 circuit?

Thx in advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.