Suitcase Boombox Builder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, i'm Jason. Not exactly sure if I posted in the right section. I build vintage suitcase boomboxes and wanted to share one of the builds. The goal with each build is uniqueness/vintage, portability (light weight), and as best as I can output (quantity and quality). I realize there are other builders out there who do similar stuff, but my aim is to build something that stands apart from those. I've demo'ed several other builders and they are mostly vibrating suitcases with muffled sound. I welcome any questions or comments. For the photos attached here is a list of the specs:

1950's Samsonite hard shell suitcase.
Glowing speakers!! Color: Red (Speakers are back lit. Comes with separate remote with on/off switch, and various modes with various speeds)
16+ hours of battery life (Charger included)
Battery Meter Gauge--Displays Battery Life
USB Charging Capabilities
Bluetooth Technology
Custom Buffalo Leather Strap Installed With Quick Release Security Locks
(2) 6.5" Polycone Woofers
(2) 1" Midrange/Tweeters
(1) 1.5" Full-range speaker
Also plugs into the wall as an alternative power option. Power supply is included.
3.5mm Auxiliary Input
On/Off L.E.D. Indicator Light
Weight: 16 lbs

The controls, and internal components, are surprisingly secure. The picture does not do it justice. For the controls on the side, I purposefully put them side (and some on top) to avoid being hit or rubbed when transporting the case. Back when I started building these, I put the main on/off switch on the back of the suitcase and it would occasionally turn itself "on" or "off" while walking with the suitcase. The grill over the port is a great idea. I used to use screen door material, but it was too restrictive. For this particular build, I put a small plastic speaker port (not pictured) on top of the port tube. Thanks for the reply bitsmasher!

its 9ce though......................................................................................

what poweramp is that?? i am interested to make a boombox with a single 6.5inch 8 0r 16r driver andtwo mid/high drivers. my 6.5 inch driver looks pretty close to yours (i have reconed that with a custom made coil)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.