Suitable crossover for Dynaudio D28 and 17W75XL?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I just bought a 2nd hand pair of these drivers cheap. They are already built into a JM Lab Megane speaker enclosure and has a outboard crossover consisting of Audax inductors and some very old industrial oil caps.

The speaker has potential but I would like to redo the crossover. Can you guys point me to where i can learn about different crossovers, calculations and etc? Any reccomendations are also gladly accepted :) These drivers were used in Dynaudio kits, namely the MDY-4 and i wonder if you guys have the crossover design for that kit.

C h r i s

I may be able to help you

I am looking for 3 of 17W75XL 8 ohms myself since I developed a system with 2 of these plus a D260.
I developed a system with 2 of these plus the D260 and it was very successful. Now I need the drivers....

If you have only one woofer, I suggest sticking to a standard Dynaudio filter (propably find them at Madisound or similar websites)

Since I do not have all data handy but need some weeks to get it, I may help you if you are not in a hurry.
Also, have in mind that unless you have acoustic test capabilities, you may have a hard time really improving a factory solution

Thanks for the assistance. Don't worry i can wait. These speakers are definitely not factory solutions... The drivers has more potential than what i have heard in that diy hence decided to take this opportunity to try out diy-ing myself a pair of quality boomboxes :)

Why do you reccomend Dynaudio filters? I wanted to try out a 1st order with quality parts first, then others and experiment with how diff crossover affect the sound.

C h r i s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.