Suggestions schematic for a new amp project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all :)

I have some very good power transformers on hand, toroids with double primaries and, if I remember well, dual secondaries at 45V each, they must be around 600VA and I have 10 of thems.
I have also two excellent transformers of the normal plate types with 86VCT 8A output and with a 36V CT auxilliary secondary at about 3/4A for ancillary equipment. These were made for some PA amp that never saw the day. The 36Vct was to drive x-over and balanced line circuits etc ...

I also have NOS capacitor 37,000uf @75 volts, they are the size of a big can of soup! These are brand new, never used but about 30 years old!
They are Mallory 'computer grade' rated for 4000hres IIRW.

I wonder if they are still good, these were top quality!

These days I have the 'soldering iron twitch' and I am thinking of building 4 channels of amplification.
One pair for a set of Tannoys 12'' gold monitor with passive Xover, and another pair to drive 2 pairs each sides L and R of Richard Allan 12'' woofer with the 'Bextrene' cone. (These are truly excellent british speakers, albeit quite unknown in north America) These will be my new set of studio monitors with a heavily modified Behringer DSP Xover (DCX2496) and a bunch of LM3886 amplifiers based on the 'super gainclone' as per Bob Cordell amp book for the mids and tweeters.

Anyway, I wanted to build something in the 150W/8ohms class based on the LME49831/IRFP240 IRFP9240 and it seems the the LME49830 is now made of venusian unobtainium....
So here it is, what do you suggest? I can draw schematics and PCBs, I am not at all against using SMT components for some parts, I have a well equipped shop for metal and wood working...

I have never built anything more than 50 watters, but I am quite experienced in electronic building. :)
Thanks, Luc
PS: I know this has been discussed in some other thread so I will look at them meanwhile...

Anyway, I wanted to build something in the 150W/8ohms class based on the LME49831/IRFP240 IRFP9240 and it seems the the LME49830 is now made of venusian unobtainium....
So here it is, what do you suggest? I can draw schematics and PCBs, I am not at all against using SMT components for some parts, I have a well equipped shop for metal and wood working...
Hi!
View here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/290970-several-schemes.html.
Here is a small selection of top-end power amplifiers, each of which has a distortion rate of one to three ppm for the most complex cases - with full power and a frequency of 20 kHz. Just there amps at 150 watts / 8 Ohms. These amps never let me down, they won't let you down too. There was not a single expensive brand of amplifier that could show the best sound.

I still have some spare boards for this amp http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/243481-200w-mosfet-cfa-amp-92.html#post4580555.
You can read throughout this thread and see the comments.

Hi Dadod, I just had a look at the schematic and the PCB photo.
I did not go trough the whole thread but it seems interesting if a bit complex.

This sceme seems to have a solution for every problem, real or not! :p

You said you have some boards, do you still have 4? you can PM me, I would buy them probably after I study furthermore the schematic and follow the discussion...
Thanks, Luc

PS: CFA = ???
And also, not to save any money but I don't mind the PCBs with silkscreen errors... I do them every day! :p

Hi Dadod, I just had a look at the schematic and the PCB photo.
I did not go trough the whole thread but it seems interesting if a bit complex.

This sceme seems to have a solution for every problem, real or not! :p

You said you have some boards, do you still have 4? you can PM me, I would buy them probably after I study furthermore the schematic and follow the discussion...
Thanks, Luc

PS: CFA = ???
And also, not to save any money but I don't mind the PCBs with silkscreen errors... I do them every day! :p

You have PM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.