Subwoofer feed from a Nakamichi AV-10?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I love the excellent audio quality (for the price) of my Nak AV-10 amp but one of the things that annoys me about it (apart from its @#$% fan :)) is that (when using it in "stereo" mode, as I do) its subwoofer feed doesn't work unless the speakers are set to "Small" - ie the speakerfeed cuts off at 80Hz - which is pointless/nouseatall when one has big 4-way speakerboxes with 12" woofers - which sound great on the "Large" setting.
But on the AV-1 I used before the AV-10 the subwoofer feed worked regardless of the amp's speaker settings - which was fine for giving the sound a little more bass boost when needed. I should say that I always run my Nak amps with their tone control circuitry disabled (one of their other useful/excellent features) so as to get a flat frequency response and get clearer audio - since the signal is going through less circuitry. And yes: I have done the necessary A/B tests to prove this resultant extra clarity to my complete satisfaction :).

Would someone who is more electronically savvy than me have any idea of how to get a "speaker-setting-independent" subwoofer feed out of the AV-10??
Perhaps feeding the subwoofer line from the FrontR&L "pre-out" feeds joined together after each going through a diode (to avoid cross-interference) - or something along those lines??? Presuming that the filtering in the subwoofer would be able to extract the necessary sub-bass component from a composite (full-frequency L+R) signal.
I wouldn't think it would be feasible to use the feed for the other speakers - I imagine that their amp would need to "see" 8 drawing a few milliamps or amps.

TIA techno-uplines ;)

Paul W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.