Sub construction PICS!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I'm starting

The photographer comes in...

Attachments

• p8280003.jpg
    p8280003.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,181
Yep, its a bandpass, 6 order, parallel tuned.(http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17673)

I'm planning to post more pics today(
i've sealed it, put some damping inside, installed the connector and tuned it finally)

I'm still amazed with the sound - I'm driving it with a 15w amp and everything is shaking already - nice rich BASS, virtually no group delay(well 16ms max). Everyone who sees it is like "wow wheres the skeaker and where is the sound coming from???"

How do you think the bandpass alignment compares to other types of enclosures? I've never put together such a sub and am curious of the subjective quality of the sounds produced.

I havent done any SPL testing, nor looking toward doing any, as for the bandpass - I dont find it hard to build or tune one - you have the software, you can model it, fiddle with parameters and etc, BUT when you start building it you have to be very careful because if change smthng accidentaly you'll hear it when you finish, its not a closed box with only one parameter - volume - its a bandpass - there are much more parameters and they depend on each other.
As for subjective quality - bass is very detailed, I can hear every single note, fat - you dont hear it but feel it, if you are watching a movie and see a pack T-REX'es run by you FEEL a pack T-REX'es run by. Actually I'm amazed that 75W 8" driver shakes the floor and my friend has a pair of 90W quality speakers with 10" woofers in a vented enclosure but I can't hear them produce anything comparable to mine banbpass :dead: is it that good or I'm just hearing things??? :confused:

I would like to hear from people who built transmission line/dipole sub how they depict their sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.